project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2016-10-16, 20:16   #11
Bogatyr
Supporting Member

Default Re: Steam Overlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibb View Post
hey. I d like to upload ss on steam, so I need steam overlay. but no steam's game running when I run admin on both of them though.
any tips?
I see you are from "Yugoslavia" so let me explain to you better..

Launcher igre mora da stavis u Steam kao Non-Steam game, a ne direktno .exe. To znači recimo u mene je direkcija nesto kao ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Project Reality BF2\mods\pr\bin\PRLauncher.exe""

Vidis? PRLauncher.exe počinjes sa Steam, i onda dobijes overlay kada igras. Meni radi bez problema ali provjeri da si adminstrator svoga kompjutera.
Last edited by Bogatyr; 2016-12-29 at 14:25..
Old 2016-10-17, 03:47   #12
YAK-R
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Go "add a non-steam game to my library" in the "games" options.

Then browse to your PR folder ie ""C:\Games\PR\mods\pr\bin\PRLauncher.exe"" and add the game to steam.

You can then run the game via steam to get the overlay to work.
You can also rename the launcher in steam settings so it doesn't say PRlauncher.exe, but something like Project Reality BF2.

Steam overlay has some other benefits too.. If you start building a fob, you can open the overlay with your mouse held down, and it will continue to build the fob
YAK-R is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 06:46   #13
QuickLoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibb View Post
hey. I d like to upload ss on steam, so I need steam overlay. but no steam's game running when I run admin on both of them though.
any tips?
Never got steam and PR to work, it would always close after i finished launching it.

You can always press prtscn on your keyboard, and then retrieve the screenshots in JPEG and PNG formats in documents>projectreality>screenshots!
QuickLoad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-18, 01:17   #14
chrisweb89
PR Server License Moderator

Super old bump, but after having steam work once upon a time ingame for me, then stop a while back and me just getting used to it, I dedicated to check this thread out and it works.

Forcing steam to run as an admin allowed me to use the overlay when launched through steam, which I couldn't do before.
chrisweb89 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
overlay, steam