project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2016-04-19, 17:06   #11
Jacksonez__
Default Re: AA vehicles and emplacements not really helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piipu View Post
snip
Did you try this thing without locking on target?
Jacksonez__ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-19, 17:32   #12
Piipu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonez__ View Post
Did you try this thing without locking on target?
Yes, it seems to be more effective than trying to lock. Which seems pretty retarded if you ask me. Missile guidance exists for a reason.
Piipu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-19, 18:09   #13
Jacksonez__

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piipu View Post
Yes, it seems to be more effective than trying to lock. Which seems pretty retarded if you ask me. Missile guidance exists for a reason.
How AA manpads work part 145

AA works kind of randomly imo. That should have been 101% sure kill but I locked on and it missed somehow.
Jacksonez__ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-20, 07:56   #14
solidfire93

i took out cas and i saw ppl taking out jets with manpads

also i got shot down by manpads in jet.attack heli's,and trans before

and sometimes i didn't hit shit with Mobile AAV....

its just a matter of luck and good timing imo..

we should talk and find a solution for missile redirection bullshit,when you die with no warning or locks

but random most of the time at least its scares away the air threat...
solidfire93 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-20, 08:59   #15
Piipu

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidfire93 View Post
i took out cas and i saw ppl taking out jets with manpads

also i got shot down by manpads in jet.attack heli's,and trans before

and sometimes i didn't hit shit with Mobile AAV....

its just a matter of luck and good timing imo..

we should talk and find a solution for missile redirection bullshit,when you die with no warning or locks

but random most of the time at least its scares away the air threat...
Nobody is saying that it's impossible to kill things in the air, it's just way too hard. Usually you need to fire more than 4 missiles to get a kill against the chopper, when on most maps you don't even have so many missile launchers on the whole map. There's something wrong when missiles fired without a lock or cannons are far more effective against choppers than using guidance.
Piipu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-20, 10:19   #16
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:

AA works kind of randomly imo. That should have been 101% sure kill but I locked on and it missed somehow.
1) AA missoles haz minimal guidance distance.
2) AA missoles haz minimal arm time.

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-20, 11:07   #17
Spook
Supporting Member

Quote:

That should have been a 1% sure kill and thats what it was. First of all the points mentioned by rpoxo and additionally missiles have a limited turn speed + you have to consider your ping and the servers FPS which would most likely not allow such a short shot to register. You would have gotten the chopper if you fired 1 second earlier (even without lock), or waited until it passed you and then shot at its back when it was still fairly close to you.

Spook is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-20, 11:17   #18
Jacksonez__

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Spook View Post
That should have been a 1% sure kill and thats what it was. First of all the points mentioned by rpoxo and additionally missiles have a limited turn speed + you have to consider your ping and the servers FPS which would most likely not allow such a short shot to register. You would have gotten the chopper if you fired 1 second earlier (even without lock), or waited until it passed you and then shot at its back when it was still fairly close to you.
I have two gifs also that have exactly same conditions: SAM hits flare: littlebird goes down, SAM hits flare: littlebird survives. Both were fired when I got the lock on buzz. See, both littlebirds dropped flares.

E: seems like the AA missile ignores the flares on second gif?

sorry for bad fps in gifs

It just works very very very randomly. I have shot CAS helicopter down (never recorded) when I lock on shoot at it and then they pop flares: the AA missile ignores flares and travels straight to target.

What you need is luck. You can shoot down a jet down with manpad even if they flare since the explosion radius will catch the jet and it will make it burn.

E2: When I shoot TOW and miss, I do understand why I missed it. When I shoot LAT and I miss, I understand (like, most of times) why I missed. But when I shoot AA I don't understand when I hit or when I don't.
Last edited by Jacksonez__; 2016-04-20 at 11:30..
Old 2016-04-20, 15:00   #19
blayas

saclos is coming for some AAVs, so we can perform our own techniques of engagement and the best .... without alerting CAS

And I agree with the possibility of having the ZPU-23-4 and m167 as an alternative fixed AAs of some nations.
blayas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-20, 16:09   #20
dalianplant[x64]
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blayas View Post
saclos is coming for some AAVs, so we can perform our own techniques of engagement and the best .... without alerting CAS

And I agree with the possibility of having the ZPU-23-4 and m167 as an alternative fixed AAs of some nations.
Realisticly viewed asset whores will find their way to abuse that AAV system and soon after people will come back here and complain how AA is OP(not only against air assets) and it should be removed.
dalianplant[x64] is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
emplacements, helpful, vehicles