project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2016-05-18, 16:44   #11
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Weapon] Colt Canada C7A1 NLD & C8(A1) NLD [WIP]

In that case we could scratch it but on the other hand for those nice 2 tone aesthetics it makes look cool.

Glimmerman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-18, 16:46   #12
[R-DEV]​Mr.VdHeide
PR:BF2 Developer

Thanks for the replies everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]camo View Post
This is good news! I've been dreaming of these modifications being done for quite a while now, might finally bring the dutch faction up to the standard it deserves.
That is exactly what motivated me to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]camo
Feedback on model.
Thanks a lot for your feedback. I know exactly what you mean and your images illustrate it even better. When I modeled the front hand guard I didn't really have any good references that showed how wide the hand guard would have to be. Your ref's are really useful and I will use them when modifying my current model for sure!

About the receiver, I already noticed these differences before but I thought we already had the new receiver in PR. I checked the objects_weapons_client list by using bfmeshview today but I cant find that new type of receiver. I will model the new mag release and fire mode selector and make it one with the hand guard like it should be since that would improve the overall appearance a lot.

The in game receiver:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjan
If you need any more specific pictures i can get some at work for you. Just specify what you need.
I take it that the SRIM used is the one from PR itselve and needs remodeling?
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391
Not sure if we have those scopes already, they dont seem to use Elcan that much.
I am not sure if we have the proper red dot sight yet; the Aimpoint CompM4 (+ magnifier). The one you see on the model right now looks different from the one on the ref's. I will ask [R-DEV]Glimmerman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mries
Mr. vd Heide,

Do you hate my crush? Because you are stealing all my love right now. If I find more time I am planning to start learning modeling as well to contribute something to PR.

Keep up the good work.
Hehehehe thanks, if it wasn't for the fact I already have a GF I think we would have made a great PR playing couple.

Also, let me know when you start with modeling. I can teach you the basics I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391
you made this from scratch or imported one of our AR15? Best would be to use our AR15 as base. Then you don't need to worry about half the stuff and it would already be UV/textured to common textures shared between all of them. I can send you files if you want
Also please do them all:
I received the original PR C7 / C8 files from Glimmerman and just made a new butt stock and hand guard for those models. However, now that we know there are more things that will need to be changed I might actually end up with a new: receiver, scope, hand guard and butt stock.

Also, I will only make the 1st and 2nd rifle shown in that image since the 3rd rifle is the Colt LOAW and it is only used by the Royal Dutch Marine Corps. We don't have the Marines in PR (yet) so there is no need to make that model (yet).

Kind regards,

DJ.

Mr.VdHeide is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-18, 16:54   #13
arjan

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Glimmerman View Post
In that case we could scratch it but on the other hand for those nice 2 tone aesthetics it makes look cool.
That is true, you could model a plate carrier for the soldier with some magpull accesories on the front to make it even more neat. But i guess that takes a lot of work.

Example:
arjan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-18, 17:02   #14
[R-DEV]​Mr.VdHeide

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]camo View Post
We've got the comp m4 and 3x magnifier.
That's good news, could you maybe send the .max files to me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjan
As far as i know magpull is not standard issue, only see them on occassion. Believe on own purchase.

The batteryholder on the SRIM could use some more length. And possibly add some lens covers to make it complete.

Are you gonna go with the clear lens on the SRIM or the ''gauze'' overlay for bright conditions?

Picture showing the difference (i am aware they are not the same aimpoints but still applies)
Thanks for your feedback, it is really helpful! I dont have the Aimpoint Comp M4 nor the magnifier model yet but I will use your feedback as soon as I get those.

I guess I will make the mag pull as well, it would be a nice detail. We could give it to the officer kit for instance. I am just not sure if it would be useful since it would require a slightly different animation and I don't know how much extra work making that animation would be.

DJ.

Old 2016-05-18, 17:14   #15
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Looks really awesome, DJ! I'm so looking forward to your models .

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 15:57   #16
[R-DEV]​Mr.VdHeide

Thanks

Some progress.

Both rifles are done now, though the receiver does still need some minor modifications. I changed the handguard a bit (cost me more then 3 hours tho... ) and it looks a lot better now I must say. Other then that I added a couple of details and such.

Here are some renders to enjoy:

C7A1 NLD

C8(A1) NLD

I do have a question for the modelers out here. When I received the PR models from Glimmerman I noticed that the the red selected plane on receiver isn't welded up:

So there is a gap now, I should weld it up I guess?

Kind regards,

DJ.

Old 2016-05-20, 17:00   #17
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

OMG Its beautiful, absolutely lovely ��

Glimmerman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-21, 03:29   #18
ddeo
Retired PR Developer

Looks nice, absolutely weld red part.
ddeo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-22, 00:05   #19
[R-DEV]​Mr.VdHeide

Thanks!

And I will weld it.

Dj.

Old 2016-05-22, 05:54   #20
solidfire93

awesome work mate, keep it up...

but i wish we had more maps that have Dutch faction in it....
solidfire93 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
c7a1, c8a1, canada, colt, nld, nldwip, weapon, wip