Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Changelogs The changelogs for recently released Project Reality versions

Closed Thread

Old 2016-12-05, 17:42   #11
john...
Default Re: PR:BF2 v1.4.3.0 Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Shaman View Post
Also there is a bug with some explosive grenades, after you pull the pin they sound like flares.

thats because the grenade is cooking itself as they say when you pull a pin on a grenade it starts a timed fuze that burns (key word) down into the explosive charge hence why the sound like a flare the fuze is burning....soooo if you set your graphics to high you can see the smoke trail when you throw it #AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by john...; 2016-12-05 at 17:53..
Old 2016-12-05, 17:50   #12
john...

why did they increase minimum speed for blowpipe proximity detonation were people able to explode land vehicles with it? also why make it harder to control i think it'd be hard enough to hit a moving cas jet with it as it is..... also if there are 6+ jets on the map and only 1 blowpipe operator and if this guy is a noob with little experience with it plz it should only server to help if it were easy to shoot down jets. if the reason for that is so a good player cant own jets from ground then well it serves its realistic purpose of being an area denial weapon for cas and just like deployable aa's cas will be afraid to go to that section of the map am i wrong in my argument?
Old 2016-12-05, 18:52   #13
SHADOWNET

Thanks.
Old 2016-12-05, 19:11   #14
NE0

There are 2 glitches that randomly happen in Basrah COOP

1-Commander keeps telling you the same order even if you reject or accept it ( he will stop but after a while )

2-when driving an APC you can blow up if you drive through that razor wires near the super fob , And will blow up if you hit the yellow barrels at the entrance of that same fob (if you were going semi-fast ).
Old 2016-12-05, 21:40   #15
DogACTUAL

What did you exactly do to the clos aa to make it harder to control?
Also will you be able to shoot down helos with it at all now?

Shame about the VD reduction on the new ins map with the A10, because it really stood out as the only real ins map with great VD. The urban areas seemed to be largely responsible for the greatest frame drops, if you are within the those places they will still all render completely. Hope that optimizations later on will allow the VD to be increased again.
Old 2016-12-05, 22:09   #16
Officer Protecty

Did you fix the GTLD showing the wrong range for the UK's spotter kit on Falklands, for 25m away buildings it would say 647m and for anything else it would show ---
Old 2016-12-06, 01:07   #17
Expendable Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]M42 Zwilling View Post
Not a bug. That is the fuse burning.
Yes, though the original 1.4 changelog said it would be most noticeable on the old style frags - F1s - than the newer. Which is accurate and a fantastic feature that I was going to suggest but it felt so utterly trivial that I didn't bother

That said, by the close of WW2 - to my knowledge - the hissing and popping was pretty much a bygone thing (the US MK1 frags did it, the French / Russian F1s did it, sure) but the MK2 didn't so much and the M26 / M67 grenade types don't make any real noise.

Unfortunately in game they all sound the same!
Old 2016-12-06, 03:05   #18
M42 Zwilling
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expendable Grunt View Post
Unfortunately in game they all sound the same!
They do use the same sound file yes, but modern ones are set to be significantly quieter. People have told me they are just about inaudible IRL, but they must make a tiny bit of noise. I may reduce the volume further, but I still haven't actually heard a modern grenade before it kills me ingame - I'd need perfect silence if it didn't land right at my feet.

"How many posts have there been about how much better PR was back in 0.X? The fact is that if we played the older versions we would start to remember the shortcomings, but we tend to hold onto the good memories tighter than the bad ones." - Murphy
Old 2016-12-06, 05:43   #19
TBoy205

Russian spawn points on silent were blocked too... not just German...

And why tf hasn't the grenade launcher and tank round smokes been fixed? They've been fucked up for over a year
Old 2016-12-06, 06:10   #20
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBoy205 View Post
Russian spawn points on silent were blocked too... not just German...

And why tf hasn't the grenade launcher and tank round smokes been fixed? They've been fucked up for over a year
What's the issue with them?

Closed Thread

Tags
changelog, prbf2