project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2020-07-27, 16:54   #11
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

Default Re: Ammo runner request-able kit

I see what you're saying so that could be an issue. Is that how the ammo points works? Like if there is 8 mags for a weapon, then the cost of ammo points is 1/8? I don't really know, I had always assumed each weapon has different values, like a LAT taking an entire bag vs as rifle being able to refill its ammo from one bag. Someone with more knowledge on the mechanics of the ammo bags and time to re-arm would have to comment. With the separate slots for each bag I think maybe the same issue would come up. Also only limiting the ammo runner kit to 4 per team would keep it from being over-used. I think having two different loadouts of it would be cool as well, such as iron sights with one smoke one frag, or scope and no grenades and less mags.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"
BigBigMonkeyMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-13, 05:16   #12
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

I want to revive this thread now that this would be a very valuable kit given that the buildable emplacements no longer start with ammo. A good loadout for this kit would be:

- Knife
- Normal infantry rifle with red-dot vs ironsights
- No frags
- shovel
- ammo bag
- ammo bag
- ammo bag
- patch

The shorter range scope gives the impression that the main role of this kit is as support kit. Maybe add binocs to the kit so that they can assist MG emplacements, LAT kits, etc by spotting. No frags because with three ammo bags, that could add up to something like 8-9 frags if I am correct.
Only 4 requestable per team, needs just 4 guys in squad to request, that way a small mortar squad can use the kit.
The only complication would be making sure the values for how much it takes to re-arm an ammo bag do not let the ammo runner perpetually re-arm themselves from their own bags.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"
Old 2022-04-13, 14:35   #13
[R-COM]ismaelassassin
Chilean Forces 1978 Faction Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBigMonkeyMan View Post
Only 4 requestable per team, needs just 4 guys in squad to request, that way a small mortar squad can use the kit.
I would suggest to make it that you need to have 6 guys in the squad as that numbers is big enough to properly man a super FOB needing alot of emplacements
ismaelassassin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-15, 21:46   #14
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

Yes, but I also think sometimes mortar squads grow too large. It really only takes 4 people MAX to run mortars effectively, incentivizing larger mortar squads is not good for a team.

Old 2022-04-15, 22:59   #15
Coalz101

Quote:
Yes, but I also think sometimes mortar squads grow too large. It really only takes 4 people MAX to run mortars effectively, incentivizing larger mortar squads is not good for a team.
only 1/2 ammo runners on the entire team with a requirement of 3 people in a squad would be great.
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-16, 08:34   #16
Morrislee

I'd imagine the loadout for the ammo carrier would be
1. Knife
2. entrenching tool
3. rifle with only red dot/iron sight depending on faction, 4 mags
4. 4X ammo bag
5. 2x smoke grenade
6. binocular
7. none
8. 1x field dressing

edit:
and maybe limit it to 3 per team, primarily used by mortar and logistic squads
Morrislee is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-17, 15:56   #17
ALFABETAS

Quote:
I think a kit that could be realistic as well as useful is a standard rifleman kit that carries 3-4 ammo bags instead of 1. They would only have 2/3 the amount of stamina (or even 1/2 depending on how many bags you want them to carry) as other kits (vBF2 had different stamina for different kits, so this should be doable), and would also only carry 1 smoke and 1 frag as opposed to 2. Maybe limit it to 4 being in play at a time. It would also not require a new kit texture, only changing the stamina and amount of equipment on the normal rifleman. Of course, you could also just borrow the more bulky AR kit texture but without the machine gun. Also require 5 people to be in the squad in order to select it.
With these requirements, I don't think this kit would unbalance things, as it creates a liability to your squad having someone move that slowly. It would also make it fairly undesirable to be the person moving that slowly, but carrying 4 ammo bags would be incredibly valuable when holding a position without support and without nearby crates. The 5 member squad minimum to request this kit also keeps it from being used in a lone wolf way with a HAT or AA kit, who often take jeeps with ammo crates anyway. I don't see it being used incredibly often, but there are some maps where it would be very nice to have someone carrying extra ammo for the whole squad.
I don't understand. What kind of problem are you trying to solve with this kit?
ALFABETAS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-17, 19:07   #18
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

The problem I am trying to solve with this kit is being out in the field and not having ammo in a place that is dangerous for a vehicle to bring ammo. Many people only have space for one rifleman in their squad and many people that need ammo.

Old 2022-04-17, 21:06   #19
UncleSmek

Just increase the ammo rifleman carries already.. like whats the deal?
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-18, 08:33   #20
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

You don't need more ammo in the squad. You need to secure your supply lines and realize the value of the transport vehicle as a source of supplies. Stop dumping vehicles on the field. It's minus two ammo boxes per almost every abandoned convetional forces vehicle. Sivilian car is a different story but that's why hideouts now provide supplies.

What I would like to see instead is ability loot enemy vehicles. What I mean by loot is that anyone should be able to jump into unmanned enemy vehicle and drop all the remaining supplies. Recent events in the real world have shown that this kind of seizure of enemy assets is a thing, and that it can be important source of supplies to friendly forces.
bad_nade is offline Reply With Quote