project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
16 Jul 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Old 2024-04-05, 21:59   #11
[R-DEV]​papadanku
PR:BF2 Developer
Default Re: 2024 - Next major update content and changes - Part II & prstats.tk update

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless_noob View Post
What's the expected effect on framerate of the new shaders? Aschberg is already laughing at basically every hardware you throw at it.
There were optimizations included in the new shaders. For example, we re-optimized the lighting in the shaders that involve terrain and trees
papadanku is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-05, 22:00   #12
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: 2024 - Next major update content and changes - Part II & prstats.tk update

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasrt22 View Post
When is the next update date and what is the difference between those who supported the DLC experience and those who did not pay? Will both of them get the update? Is there a difference apart from graphics?
It was an april fools joke.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-05, 22:02   #13
sasrt22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchar View Post
It was an april fools joke.
Oh, I understand, but there is another question that you did not answer. Will the next update be released anytime soon?
I am passionate about the Soviet army and the Syrian army
sasrt22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-06, 03:53   #14
[R-DEV]​camo
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyNinja View Post
What's the significant difference on the WHOT/BHOT shaders in comparison to the old/current version? Is BHOT actually going to be viable now for asset play and not just searing my eyes when I accidentally switch to it?
Thermal sights are now at a lower resolution compared to day sights.

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-06, 11:09   #15
BubblyNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo View Post
Thermal sights are now at a lower resolution compared to day sights.
I see. When I looked at the screenshots initially I though it was just someone running with anti-aliasing off. So I'm guessing an improvement to thermal colors at an impact to clarity? So with thermals range decrease + this new low resolution I'm guessing this is also a means of making PID targets harder w/ thermals at range?
BubblyNinja is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-06, 12:38   #16
[R-DEV]​camo
Supporting Member

Quote:
So I'm guessing an improvement to thermal colors at an impact to clarity? So with thermals range decrease + this new low resolution I'm guessing this is also a means of making PID targets harder w/ thermals at range?
Far as I'm aware nothing changed for thermal colours, I think the text was just missing some details when originally posted, the change was to force a lower resolution on thermals.

And yep, identifying targets will be harder. The aim was to depict older gen 1 and 2 thermal sights present in the majority of our vehicles. So can still use it to detect, but the day sight will be best for identifying.

Old 2024-04-06, 12:54   #17
BubblyNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo View Post
Far as I'm aware nothing changed for thermal colours, I think the text was just missing some details when originally posted, the change was to force a lower resolution on thermals.

And yep, identifying targets will be harder. The aim was to depict older gen 1 and 2 thermal sights present in the majority of our vehicles. So can still use it to detect, but the day sight will be best for identifying.
By colors I meant just the intensity of the black/white which I'm guessing is affected by the shaders. Not many asset players use BHOT, if any, due to it just being blinding. There's benefits to using BHOT IRL but due to that effect it doesn't translate well to PR.

Also sidenote funny to showcase Gen 1 and Gen 2 you use a Puma with Gen 3 thermals
BubblyNinja is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-06, 13:55   #18
[R-DEV]​camo
Supporting Member

Quote:
Also sidenote funny to showcase Gen 1 and Gen 2 you use a Puma with Gen 3 thermals
lol yeah did notice that. Hopefully in the future we'll implement a few different versions so vehicles like puma can get a higher res.

Old 2024-04-06, 18:56   #19
GabryelFOX
Supporting Member

I have a strong impression that the new update will be like a new milestone. in which it will change the way you play. Congratulations on the initiative to make changes to thermal vision.
GabryelFOX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-09, 19:51   #20
xpugur

can you guys integrate ReShade to the game?
xpugur is offline Reply With Quote