project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-02-12, 15:52   #11
vanity

I think most insurgents would choose to avoid tanks. Sure, a few would like to hit them with RPGs but dude, it's a TANK. C'mon.
Old 2007-02-12, 16:00   #12
Wasteland

I'd like to see the accuracy upped a little bit. My squad had occupied a Basrah rooftop, and we had a full American squad with SL pinned down behind a shed. But they were out of range of our molotovs, and would mostly stay hidden (respawning on their SL if they were dumb enough to venture toward a corner). I directed one of my RPG guys to take them out, but the innacuracy wouldn't allow that. Before long they had called in a cobra and we were done for.
Old 2007-02-12, 16:01   #13
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

Seeing as its an unlimited class, and there is another ammo class plus loads of ammo dumps all over the map its not terrible.
The idea of insurgents is that they are different from normal armies, you must use different tactics, so let the enemy come close while you setup ambush points, then hit them hard at close range and you will obliterate them.

ps.

I will post here/ or on the guide all the locations of ammo dumps of you want.
Old 2007-02-12, 16:03   #14
Mekstizzle

I'd very much like the ammo dump/weapon cache locations. Why not, the guide is there to help. Frankly i find looking around the map on a local server for a weapons cache a waste of time...the insurgents would know where it is, so should we.

Thanks.
Old 2007-02-12, 16:10   #15
Wasteland

Well maybe it would be good if on the large full servers, insurgents got a single heavy AT and 2 grails? That way there could be one dedicated squad for taking out American aircraft, and one dedicated squad for taking out enemy armor? Because right now the aircraft can rape the sh!t out of the insurgents on Basrah, and your squad could spend the whole game waiting for American heavy vehicles to cross your IEDs before they finally do. Meanwhile the infantry has capped all your flags.
Old 2007-02-12, 16:13   #16
vanity

Are IEDs like mines, they have to be driven over to explode?
Old 2007-02-12, 16:17   #17
Wasteland

No, they're remotely detonated.
Old 2007-02-12, 16:22   #18
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

this is ammo piles, which give infinite ammo to usmc+insurgents. Destroyable.
Grail, PKMs and SVD are at Facility, Industry and Palace. (not marked)

Old 2007-02-12, 16:30   #19
Duke
Retired PR Developer

Cheers duckhunt, v useful

as for whoever said theres no ammo carrying class for insurgies, look no further than mr policeman, he'll solve all your ammo needs.

I like the deviation, it adds to the realism of inadaqute training on the part of insurgents.

An insurgent hitting a moving cobra from miles off like in .4 was just ridiculous.

[R-DEV]Eggman - At one point it said Realtitty which I think was a Freudian...
Old 2007-02-12, 17:10   #20
vanity

AMMO DUMPS?!!

You guys thought of everything!

Tags
accuracy, insurgent, reduced, rpg