project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2024-07-30, 21:04   #11
Dogusso
Default Re: Game crash when i start

Just in case, I did another crash dump
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Ti...ew?usp=sharing
Dogusso is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-30, 22:49   #12
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogusso View Post
Just in case, I did another crash dump
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Ti...ew?usp=sharing
Weird. Completely different crash this time.

I found some info that procdump might cause false dumps with PR. So let's try Windows Error Reporting instead. Download the attahced PRBF2_WER_Full_Dump.zip, extract it somewhere and double click the PRBF2_WER_Full_Dump.reg file. Windows will first ask your confirmation
Quote:
[Window Title]
Registry Editor

[Content]
Adding information can unintentionally change or delete values and cause components to stop working correctly. If you do not trust the source of this information in C:\Path\To\PRBF2_WER_Full_Dump.reg, do not add it to the registry.

Are you sure you want to continue?

[Yes] [No]
Followed by success message
Quote:
[Window Title]
Registry Editor

[Content]
The keys and values contained in C:\Path\To\PRBF2_WER_Full_Dump.reg have been successfully added to the registry.

[OK]
After those messages you are ready to continue. Try to start the game without procdump. When it crashes, open %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps folder and share the PRBF2.exe.xxxxx.dmp file like you did before. The file is probably much larger than before.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PRBF2_WER_Full_Dump.zip (451 Bytes, 1 views)
Last edited by bad_nade; 2024-07-30 at 22:57..
Old 2024-07-30, 23:19   #13
Dogusso

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_nade View Post
Weird. Completely different crash this time.

I found some info that procdump might cause false dumps with PR. So let's try Windows Error Reporting instead. Download the attahced PRBF2_WER_Full_Dump.zip, extract it somewhere and double click the PRBF2_WER_Full_Dump.reg file. Windows will first ask your confirmation

Followed by success message

After those messages you are ready to continue. Try to start the game without procdump. When it crashes, open %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps folder and share the PRBF2.exe.xxxxx.dmp file like you did before. The file is probably much larger than before.

I followed the steps and the file didn't appear, but there was a file from the 28th of this Sunday, do you want me to send it?
Old 2024-07-31, 10:20   #14
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Quote:
I followed the steps and the file didn't appear, but there was a file from the 28th of this Sunday, do you want me to send it?
Yes, please. There might be useful information in it. Meanwhile, you can double and triple check that your antivirus is off and drivers are up-to-date. Especially display, sound and network drivers but also DirecX runtimes and Visual C++ redistributable.
bad_nade is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-31, 19:40   #15
Dogusso

Quote:
Yes, please. There might be useful information in it. Meanwhile, you can double and triple check that your antivirus is off and drivers are up-to-date. Especially display, sound and network drivers but also DirecX runtimes and Visual C++ redistributable.
I used the driver booster to see if there were updates and there were none and these 2 programs you sent are already installed
Here the dump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tQY...ew?usp=sharing
Old 2024-08-01, 09:18   #16
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Quote:
I used the driver booster to see if there were updates and there were none and these 2 programs you sent are already installed
Here the dump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tQY...ew?usp=sharing
Could you send content of the C:\Program Files (x86)\Project Reality\Project Reality BF2\mods\pr\bin\PRLauncher.log as well? You can copy&paste it here directly.
Old 2024-08-01, 10:04   #17
Dogusso

Quote:
Could you send content of the C:\Program Files (x86)\Project Reality\Project Reality BF2\mods\pr\bin\PRLauncher.log as well? You can copy&paste it here directly.
Like this?

Code:
Project Reality Log File
PRLauncher.exe started at: 2024-07-30T20:14:46

Warning: Error 1 in WinApi parsing modules
Warning: Error 1 in WinApi parsing modules
Old 2024-08-01, 17:04   #18
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Something is preventing the game from loading DirectX related DLLs correctly, but the only out-of-ordinary thing with your setup seems to be the screen refresh rate, 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) @ 180 Hz. Try to lower the frequency to something like 60 Hz and see if it helps. If if does, then you can start increasing it again step-by-step.
Old 2024-08-01, 22:02   #19
Dogusso

Quote:
Something is preventing the game from loading DirectX related DLLs correctly, but the only out-of-ordinary thing with your setup seems to be the screen refresh rate, 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) @ 180 Hz. Try to lower the frequency to something like 60 Hz and see if it helps. If if does, then you can start increasing it again step-by-step.
I used all the refresh rates and tried to start the game but the crash keeps happening
Old 2024-08-01, 22:13   #20
Dogusso

Quote:
hey I solved the problem, I downloaded a directx package fix from YouTube, if you want I can send you the video link so you can help someone who has the same problem as me.