project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-02-14, 23:54   #11
Smitty4212

The shotguns are deadly against unarmored targets in slug or buckshot, from my little experience (Mao Valley, one round, PLA side). Buckshot STILL has too much spread though, it seems. It should be a much tighter pattern.
Old 2007-02-15, 00:00   #12
coolhand

Dont bother using your shotgun past 15m - they're almost useless. If you're using slug, you might luck out and hit them and take them down, but if you miss, you're eFFF'd.

Stay behind your squad, or camp out in a chokepoint where you know your enemies will go through. Shotgun is powerful, even though some of you might argue that it doesn't do anything to a vest, in PR it does. If you're close enough, at least 3 or so will land on their body and that is more that enough to kill them. Each 'BB' in PR is like a bullet. Basically a shotgun is a rifle that fires several bullets all at once.. pistol power but in a bunch.
Old 2007-02-15, 00:08   #13
Laki

ok buckshots don't kill armored ppl even from close range. but if you get shot with a buckshot to your west from less than 15m(?) you should go LSD vision for the shok and pain. this could really help in after getting shot ppl just turn around and shoot you.

I really like that engirees have shotguns i urban maps it's just that they are so unpowered that no one uses them.
Old 2007-02-15, 00:52   #14
little_dster

i dont know what everyone is talking about, i have had great luck with the shotgun. at medium range i can be pretty accurate with slugs, and at close range buckshot to the head or two to the chest will get most people dead.
Old 2007-02-15, 00:56   #15
DaedalusAI1

Also for a lot of real life shot guns, especially military ones, the effective range is 50-100 meters, they don't have a lot of spread. With slugs i'm sure it would be quite effective at distance. I know 50 meter with slug is really accurate, haven't fired farther though in person. If the spread isn't reduced, then i think at 25 meters buckshot should definately nock you down. Slug should be accurate at range regardless. (just my 2 cents)
Old 2007-02-15, 01:14   #16
Outlaw289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmonkiefart
Buckshot will not punch through body armor. Slugs on the other hand will. I have yet to get a kill with a shotgun in PR. They are so underpowered I would honestly rather use a pistol.
It doesn't have to pierce the body armor. The impact of all those high velocity shot pellets will crack the ceramic body armor inserts and thrash your insides with pure impact damage. 00 buck fired from 5m away by a 12 gauge ought to kill anything.
Old 2007-02-15, 03:06   #17
Sneak Attack

BUCKSHOT
so....who was the smart guy that named it Duckshot?? i live in Wisconsin which is pretty much the definition of shotgun knowledge and i have more shotguns then needed and i have never heard of this duckshot, iv heard of birdshot but they dont use it on people because it doesnt work (dick cheney).

Shot is termed either birdshot or buckshot depending on the shot size. Informally, birdshot pellets have a diameter smaller than 0.20 inches (5 mm) and buckshot are larger than that. Pellet size is indicated by a number, for bird shot this ranges from the smallest 12 (0.05 in) to 2 (0.15 in) and then BB (0.18 in). For buckshot the numbers usually start at 4 (0.24 in) and go down to 1, 0, 00, 000, and finally 0000 (.38 in). A different informal distinction is that "bird shot" pellets are small enough that they can be measured into the cartridge by weight, and just poured in, whereas "buckshot" pellets are so large that they won't all fit unless they're stacked inside the cartridge one by one in a certain particular geometric arrangement.

i know BUCKSHOT wont penetrate body armor but being hit with it is like me walking up to you with a 3 pound hammer and hitting you in the chest. you might not die, but you are not going to keep on doing what you were doing before.

SLUG
army slug will go through body armor from close/medium range but from real far it wont. as is i think they need to be more accurate, i mean, it is a rifle pretty much, just a more massive,slower moving projectile. the bullet drop is good and doesnt need to be changed but they should be more accurate and more powerful. iv shot a guy from like, 100m away IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD while he was just standing (so lag not involved) and after he got hit he just ran away, he knew he got hit but it didnt kill him. that needs to be fixed.

shotgun should be a very fierd weapon, not something you can take 50000 shots in the chest from
Old 2007-02-15, 03:19   #18
Maverick--113

I have gotten some good shots with the buckshot. I killed a 2 guys from 25m on al falujah with one shot. You just gotta get em in the face dick cheney style.
Old 2007-02-15, 03:37   #19
Outlaw289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick--113
I have gotten some good shots with the buckshot. I killed a 2 guys from 25m on al falujah with one shot. You just gotta get em in the face dick cheney style.
So, unintentionally from a hundred yards away with falling birdshot?
Old 2007-02-15, 10:00   #20
Engineer

I killed one enemy with 2 headshots, the distance was under 3m. It doesnt matter what type of ammo I'm using, or how close I am.. It always takes 2 shots even in close distance to kill someone with shotgun...

Tags
shotguns