project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-02-17, 15:30   #11
Mekstizzle

Nope, fire a 5.56 from a pistol and fire one from a M249 SAW and tell me they'll have the same recoil. The weight has alot to do with it.

The pistol was just an example, i'm aware there isn't a pistol that fires 5.56x45mm (i think)
Old 2007-02-17, 20:12   #12
NikovK
Retired PR Developer

Muzzle climb, people. Not recoil. Lets get our terminology straight.

Muzzle Climb: the gun jerks up every time you shoot.
Recoil: backward force against your shoulder.
Deviation: cone-of-fire dynamic in BF2 which sends rounds off-center, depending on stance, movement, and length of burst.

Accuracy: Determined on semi-auto completely by deviation (and your aim), determined in automatic fire by deviation, muzzle climb, and your downward mousing to "hold" the weapon on target.

Mapper of Road to Kyongan'Ni and Hills of Hamgyong;
Genius behind many Really Stupid Ideas, and some Decent Ones.

Old 2007-02-17, 23:01   #13
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekstizzle
Nope, fire a 5.56 from a pistol and fire one from a M249 SAW and tell me they'll have the same recoil. The weight has alot to do with it.

The pistol was just an example, i'm aware there isn't a pistol that fires 5.56x45mm (i think)
There are pistols that fire 5.56, but they're pretty rare.

As Nikoivk said, the actual recoil force is identical. However, in the minimi that force will cause less movement because the minimi is heavier than the pistol. The actual force will be the same, but the felt recoil would be lower (assuming of course all the moving parts of both weapons move at the same velocity and are the same weight) in the heavier minimi.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!

Tags
arms, small, test