project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
08 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2007-03-03, 00:59   #11
PlayPR!

funny stuff, a better title for the post, imo, though would be Proper Management of Smacktards (PMS )
PlayPR! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 01:22   #12
[DVB]DirtyBeets

4) If you have a decent number of vets on your team, consider having each of them go SL and taking a bunch of smacktards under their wing in an attempt to teach them the finer points of PR.

beautiful...we need to see more of this!!
[DVB]DirtyBeets is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 01:30   #13
Vicktor Vauhn

Nothing useful to add but I just wanted to say this is an awesome post.

Nice to see people addressing and coming up with solutions to problems like this rather then just complaining about them existing!
Vicktor Vauhn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 01:32   #14
Guerra

Personally, I'm a no nonsense guy. If I have a smacktard who doesn't follow orders, I kick him from my squad.

But personally, I sometimes enjoy fighting smacktards, like I kill this one guy, and his entire team just runs in a big cluster. Too easy.

Or when someone places a rally point ontop of a hill so its the most obvious thing, I love it!

Aslong as its not happening in my squad...
Guerra is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 01:44   #15
Sun Tzu

This should be like the "Terms of Service" or something you need to read it and sign a document that says you wont be a smacktard then have it noterized before your allowed to play.
Sun Tzu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 04:38   #16
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

Default On Target !

Smacktards are like water. They aren’t very substantial, but if you have a whole lot of them continuously flowing at a position, they’ll do some damage eventually
Unfortunately, like velociraptors learning to open door handles, the smacktards are learning how to request crewman kits and move the APC.
Most smacktards have seen Blackhawk Down and similar movies. They do think there’s a certain “1337ness” to teamwork. Try to play off this.
7) Smacktards hate being called smacktards. There’s really no need to create acrimony in the ranks, so avoid it.

Dude , you are on fire !
Sorry that I was too drunk and distracted as to not act like the above mentioned individuals.
I was really Laughing My As Off reading this !
ArmedDrunk&Angry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 05:07   #17
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
This should be like the "Terms of Service" or something you need to read it and sign a document that says you wont be a smacktard then have it noterized before your allowed to play.
heh I think we should have soemthing like this in the liscencing agreement for the PR install haha.

Written in 1st person..

1. I will not drive APCs or spawn cars directly to the flag.

2. I will not...

etc..

And then say "well you did click 'I accept' when you installed it"

Cheers!
egg

eggman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 06:50   #18
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

L M F A Off
Now that is English understatement !
ArmedDrunk&Angry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 11:59   #19
Gyberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DVB]DirtyBeets
4) If you have a decent number of vets on your team, consider having each of them go SL and taking a bunch of smacktards under their wing in an attempt to teach them the finer points of PR.

beautiful...we need to see more of this!!
yeah, I sometimes create PRHELP squads.... gets alo of new people in it but all of them are willing to learn!

@egg That would be.... sorry I can't find the words to describe how great that would be!
Gyberg is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 12:07   #20
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

beautiful work wasteland!!! very fun to read and all very true information and valid tactics!

you may not be able to tame the smacktard, but you can predict his movements and therefore benefit from his death.
fuzzhead is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
management, proper, psm, smacktard