project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2007-03-21, 11:35   #11
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Setting 'em up in bushes is great of course. You don't want to have them right in the open, you want to hide them. But placing them in a wall is considered 'cheating' (or exploiting).

Though it happened to me a couple of times when I didn't even intend to place it in a wall .
AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 11:45   #12
Jarek Mace

I have to fess to dropping RP's into walls, but not by intent. I try to keep the RP out of sight which usually means in cities close to walls.

I have ordered our own rp naded before when it does happen, but it breaks my heart to do it.

Under bushes etc seem fair play to me, its within the valid playerspace.
Jarek Mace is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 11:46   #13
Makee

I'm always trying to put my RP on some hidden place (bushes are excellent) but I will never try to glitch it into some wall or terrain.
But what happens in game is something different. Yesterday, for example, I've tried to put my RP behind a tree on EJOD, but RP ended inside the tree, and that is not first time. That thing (RP) almost never ends where I want it. Sometimes RP spawns in front of me, sometimes behind me, just wherever he wants.

I think that this is the main RP problem, cause I see that I'm not the only one which RP don't want to listen.
Makee is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 12:32   #14
Engineer

I usually do hide my RP's near the walls or rocks, and by doing that I keep at least 50% of the bags visible to outside. Dunno does that count as glitching, but that's what I will continue to do. If I happen to see a squad hiding the RP completely, I'll warn them for sure.
Engineer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 16:04   #15
jackal22

if most of its visible then its just about ok, but if you stash it in bushes fair gaem they are there for concealment. I just get pissed when they put them inside hard structures.
jackal22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 20:19   #16
Viper5

Purposely placing into buildings is very lame and IMO borderline cheating

Accidentally (Placing in a knook or cranny) is alright, I mean not really ur fault

Putting it in bushes, behind hills etc. is just great tactics. Obviously you want to hide it and bushes are perfect.
Viper5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 21:44   #17
Sneak Attack

i am the master of random spawn point locations.

some times they get stuck in walls but usually some part of it is showing. i often put them inside of dumpsters, the dumpsters that have a door on them and is usually just barley open so you can get a nade in it but you cant see into it.

you can blow it up, but i will make you work for it.
Sneak Attack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 21:45   #18
Sneak Attack

damnit, it posted twice
Sneak Attack is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
blow, coded, object, spawn, squad