project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2007-03-31, 20:07   #11
El_Vikingo

That's why Ins. should wait and hide to lure te enemy in.

(I shot down a Cobra with a RPG today, I know the trick to get super accuracy!)
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 20:13   #12
coolhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Vikingo
That's why Ins. should wait and hide to lure te enemy in.

(I shot down a Cobra with a RPG today, I know the trick to get super accuracy!)
That's exactly how I play as them. Lure the US inside the city, and camp out. Those AK-47 are deadly, even on full auto, so long as you get the first bead on someone -50m away. Lure them in that close and that AK does one hell of a job.

It might just be me, but I feel as if the M16 is a much more accurate gun in single shot vs. the AK (might be the sound or 'feel' of the gun to me). I find it much harder to single shot an AK than the M16... however, if the target is close enough, A full auto AK shot in burst does a fine, fine job.
coolhand is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 20:15   #13
$kelet0r

on Basrah absolutely. Hit them hard and retreat.

on Helmand, well the British have every advantage and the insurgents are forced to play using vanilla BF2 quick respawn tactics which is just horrible gameplay
$kelet0r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 20:24   #14
Jedimushroom
Supporting Member

I got major kills on AlBasrah about half an hour ago.

I stuck some IED's on the north entrance, but just behind the wall so they couldn't see 'em. Then I camped on the rooftop and waited...

FINAL SCORE: 2 APCs 1 HMMWV 3 M1A1s and a cobra

"God will strike him down when he checks his email and sees young Fighter has turd burgling tendancies. Could you imagine going to church knowing your son takes it up the wrong 'un?" - [R-Dev]Gaz on 'Fighter137'
Jedimushroom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 21:04   #15
El_Vikingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimushroom
I got major kills on AlBasrah about half an hour ago.

I stuck some IED's on the north entrance, but just behind the wall so they couldn't see 'em. Then I camped on the rooftop and waited...

FINAL SCORE: 2 APCs 1 HMMWV 3 M1A1s and a cobra
You got a cobra with C4!?!

With the Cobra's being used with BF2v tactics, sometimes you can reach them with your hands!
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 21:30   #16
GnaM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhand
It might just be me, but I feel as if the M16 is a much more accurate gun in single shot vs. the AK (might be the sound or 'feel' of the gun to me). I find it much harder to single shot an AK than the M16... however, if the target is close enough, A full auto AK shot in burst does a fine, fine job.
I don't know how it is implemented in-game, but IRL the AK-47 is only supposed to be accurate to about 150-200 meters...at least if you're trying to hit a specific single target. On the other hand, the M16 can be accurate to 400-600 meters thought the 5.56 is easily blown off course by wind resistance. Even at 100 meters the AK is only accurate to 4-6 inches while the M16 is accurate between 1 and 3 inches.
GnaM is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 22:03   #17
Wasteland

The AK (AFAIK) does not have a random deviation "fire cone". It just has more recoil. The bullet should still go where your iron sights line up to minus bullet drop.

Personally I think some degree of deviation is in order. It's too easy to snipe guys from hundreds of meters away with your single shot. Pretty much if you can see them, someone's going to take cover, win the fight, or die.

WRT the "I want to be able to score a headshot if I aim at the head", IRL you wouldn't aim for the head at any kind of range, you'd be going for the center mass.

I think with some bullet deviation you'd get some real fire fights, with a squad unloading on another squad down the street.

I realize that IRL bullets DO go where the iron sights line up to. But you almost never get a perfectly centered post. In game it's ALWAYS centered.
Wasteland is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 00:07   #18
Fishw0rk

If we're talking about the insurgent AK here then we should realize that its been heavily nerfed (compared to the AK the PLA grenadier gets). It has much higher deviation than the rifles the conventional armies get, so hitting targets at a distance is a game of luck.

Persnally I always try to pick up the Brit & USA weapons lying around, especially on Helmand.
Fishw0rk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 00:15   #19
Animalmother

I say take single shot away from the AK47, and make it so that when you click, it fires a minimum 3 shots like in americas army.
Animalmother is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 01:40   #20
GnaM

^LOL, no thanks. In real life the M16A2 doesn't do that; both AA and PR got it wrong. Even in burst mode if you let go of the trigger before all 3 shots are fired it will only fire 1-2 shots.

The AK-47 doesn't do that either. All implementing that feature would do is make it nearly impossible to hit distance targets with the AK because if the first shot didn't hit, one would have to wait for the other 2 shots to fire (which would be even further off target) and move the mouse back triple the distance against recoil to get off another properly aimed shot. In FEAR all the automatic weapons worked like this and in the end I prefered the pistol over SMG's and AR's as a result.
GnaM is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
accuracy, realistic