project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Commander Tactics
23 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-07-31, 19:46   #11
BlueSkunk

** edit: bugger. just saw i posted in the wrong thread. honest apologies. can some kind soul please relocate this entry to fuzzheads thread on general cmdr tips? please?? **

- don't talk too much as commander. you do disturb squad chat. keep it short and precise.

- if things get out of hand (i.e. plan doesn't work out) have them fall back and reassemble and restart with a new approach.

- keep sl's in line if you feel your plan is sound and success likely.

- don't be too bitchy if a sl decides to deviate and follow his own objective temporarily. often a sl has a good reason to head off elsewhere. communicate first rather than whipping him back straight away.

- pass on overall strategy to sl's early. if sl's understand what the greater plan is they will more likely follow orders.

- use compass bearings for directions and use markers

- assist sl's as much as possible with spotting enemy movements, calling available supplies, arty etc

- use arty as much as possible (often sl's seem reluctant for some reason). it's free and pisses the enemy off a lot i found

- try and locate enemy rally points as much as possible

- personally i find that as cmdr i have no time whatsoever to drive/fly/walk around. i prefer to hang back and defend the artillery pieces if necessary, rather than having some troopers hang back for too long.

- i'd recommend anyone going for cmdr now and then (voip only, of course). i think it makes for better understanding of problems one encounters as cmdr (you will be more easy on your own cmdr next time you are sl) and you get a nice overview of events, lines of approach/attack/etc which i think helps to understand the value of team play.

- even if you don't feel like leading your sl's around simply spotting enemy targets, rally points, or getting supplies/arty in helps greatly.

just some ideas off my head...
Last edited by BlueSkunk; 2007-07-31 at 20:07..

Tags
backup, plan