project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
13 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-07-25, 23:56   #11
Expendable Grunt

I *occasionally* play SF when I want to mess about, or we're in some really tight areas as US (which is hardly ever).

The other day however I got reaquainted with the HK53, and I've come to love it. I hope if they remove the SF class, that weapons stays in the game in some other kit of some kind.
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 01:14   #12
Rick_the_new_guy

Sort of ironic that the SF kit gets so much flack and is seen as useless in PR; while in reality the SF in the military branches are highly valuable assets.

I was disappointed in seeing SF as one of the four basic kits. They did not even get flashbangs (now that they are in the game).

I was hoping the kit would have been dissolved and the weapons and equipment used to elsewhere.

I actually lobed for an Assault kit:

Body Armour
Shotgun
Slams X4
Flashbangs X4
G. Hook
Frags.
First aid X 1.

To replace the SF kit, but no dice. I wanted something that was good for Close Quarters Combat. Something that still allowed the Rifleman to be a strong medium to long range/ grunt kit.
Rick_the_new_guy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 03:37   #13
Falkun
Retired PR Developer

The spec ops kit would be far better if it were limited. It doesn't make much sense to me why it was left in as a basic kit. If it were limited, it could be made into a much more powerful, and useful kit.

What I'd love to see the spec ops replaced with, is a rifleman kit that is better suited to CQB. So, basically, the kit possesses everything that a regular rifleman kit possesses, with the exception of the assault rifle. Instead of the assault rifle, it would have a weapon such as the M4.
Falkun is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 03:43   #14
Expendable Grunt

Well, with the MEC, we "could" make an assault-type class, suited to CQB, or even rename their Special Forces. MEC is fictional so they can do whatever they want there.

Does the US military have a CQB-oriented soldier in the main infantry?
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 16:04   #15
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Bah, teh_annoying tank slaming scum.

Engies, I fear, SFs...mow them down with coax, then go around the corner, wait for the charges to blow up, then get the blowtorch out and fix that lil broken plate...

Also, I think this is a very interesting, resourceful and helpful guide to all SF whores out there. I aprove of this thread x2

/sarcasm off

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 15:49   #16
Dark_Wolf

I only use the kit very occasionally. Normally when there aren't many scoped kits or for close combat. It is a good gun though even with a scope it's not very efficient at close range.

If the kit came with a grappling hook it could be more useful perhaps, but generally I find medics and riflemen more useful.

The SLAMS are useful for setting traps and ambushes, but they're rarely used for that purpose, nor does the spec-op live long enough to press the trigger
Dark_Wolf is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 16:02   #17
Cp

the slams dont have a trigger, they have a 15 sec timer

and the US SF rifles optic doesnt zoom
Cp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 16:59   #18
Dark_Wolf

oh right so they don't the old C4 they used to? Goes to show how much I play the kit

That's pretty annoying then. I thought the US rifle zoom was just minor, didn't realise it doesn't zoom at all.

Plus didn't they used to have parachutes and now they've been removed? What kits do actually have parachutes anymore except pilots?

I think they should have parachutes since the kit seems rather useless except in close combat.
Dark_Wolf is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 17:17   #19
SethLive!
Supporting Member

why are there spec ops in pr? the idea of SEALS, rangers, or deltaforce operating alongside the marines is totally retarded

Someone please tell me that the above is irony.
Or I'll rip my own eyes out with a sardine.
-[R-Mod] Masaq
SethLive! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 17:46   #20
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

Played MEC SF in despiration of my squad, the [I]VOIP[I] squad.
(All i could hear them arguing about before i left the server was who was going to get the sniper rifle.....great VOIP wokr there hey?)

Anywho, what makes the MEC SF by far the worst, is that he has a 55.6 Carbine, that has just as much recoil as the 7.62 rifle.....wooorrrrd

...mongol...

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
guide, ops, spec