project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-08-06, 12:41   #11
Leo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Don't forget to use your AGM-65 Mavericks on infantry! And if your plane is out of ammo, ram it into an enemy on the ground while bailing out!
Why not, if I had no other valuable targets, and the infantry was annoying me with a AA gun, I would gladly use the Maverick, assuming I could hit anything since it doesn't go straight, so its not a good AP weapon, the H-AT, on the other hand.
Leo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 18:07   #12
NikovK
Retired PR Developer

Guys, just remember the Javelin is a $40,000 dollar round and you're shooting it at a guy with a $20 dollar second-hand AK. And from a gamey perspective? The rifleman standing next to you has thirty killing bullets without reloading compared to your one round every 30 seconds or so. As a tank, I love a trigger-happy HAT gunner who likes to give away his position killing grunts. As soon as I hear cries of "Cheap AT sniper", I put the rig in gear because you're out of ammo.

Mapper of Road to Kyongan'Ni and Hills of Hamgyong;
Genius behind many Really Stupid Ideas, and some Decent Ones.

NikovK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 18:12   #13
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threedroogs View Post
here, here!

as long as you have the H-AT rockets ready for the hard targets when they come, there's NOTHING wrong with using 'em against soft targets.
I would agree with concentrations of troops, say 4+, but on single infantry it is just a waste of time for those playing. You detract from game play and reality, thus the mod.

...mongol...

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 04:13   #14
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

updated this a bit, feel free to add some more i will be compiling it all later...
fuzzhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 08:52   #15
KP
Retired Moderator

If you get the opportunity, try to get two AT Riflemen (L-AT) in your squad and have them engage enemy APCs both at once. Much more effective than waiting for the one guy to reload from a car, APC or ammo bag. I've been in a squad with two L-AT guys (on Jabal) and it was an absolute APC killer. Every time an MEC APC moved up on us, both the AT guys - I was one of them - popped out from behind cover and fired their rockets within three second of each other. No APC survived a contact with that squad.
KP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 17:49   #16
Drakenberg

I use h at to take out infantry, works like a treat

So fun watching those enemys fly all over

A tip is to have a jeep nearby, or an apc since you can rearm at these
Drakenberg is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
guide, squad