project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2007-08-04, 22:29   #11
eddie
The [R-MOD]s' Poodle

LMAO! Loads..
eddie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 22:33   #12
PARAMEDIC.CA
Retired PR Developer

I think the coolest thing is that could happen is that a few of the R-DEV's who demonstrate exempilary leadership skills get sought after by the big name organisations and they spread their vision of what FPS should be!!!! Good mappers, coders, graphic artists, and modellers are a dime a dozen, however leaders with the ability to teach, mentor, inspire team-members and its community is a rare find and I think that the PR team has a few of those people around -and they would be fine an addition to any organisation.

IMO, the future holds for the PR mod team as a whole is most certainly bright....

CHeers,
PMEDIC

Paramedic
PARAMEDIC.CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 22:40   #13
MajorPwnag3

I have no doubt that EA isn't about to let even their grossly outdated engine go for cheap, and I don't know how much more the Devs can actually accomplish that they can't right now if they had full access to the engine, but it can't hurt to ask. That is, unless EA is currently building a time machine in order to kill the Devs in the past and prevent PR from existing, or something like that.
MajorPwnag3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 22:47   #14
Garabaldi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPwnag3 View Post
I know the mod team that made Red Orchestra bought rights to the Unreal 2 Engine after winning $20,000 in a mod contest. I don't know exactly how much of that went towards buying the rights, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt if you checked with EA to see how much they would want for their engine.
The RO devs won $50,000 and an Unreal Engine commercial license, which costs around $350,000. They didn't purchase the engine license with their winnings - they won it.
Garabaldi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 22:49   #15
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

PR 1.0 for the license - ftl

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 22:54   #16
MajorPwnag3

Dang, and I thought I was giving an educated and informed example. Well, at least I still know Pi to more decimal places than any of you! You never know, though, maybe EA will be visited by three ghosts and give away their engine rights and the largest goose at the local market to the PR team for Christmas.
Old 2007-08-04, 23:33   #17
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

If I ever become rich my goal is to assemble the entire PR team and make the game of my dreams!...........Dance Dance Revolution Quintin Tarantino Edition!

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Jaymz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 23:41   #18
xW0LFx

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Jaymz View Post
If I ever become rich my goal is to assemble the entire PR team and make the game of my dreams!...........Dance Dance Revolution Quintin Tarantino Edition!

LETS DO IT!
xW0LFx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 00:59   #19
MajorPwnag3

Quote:
Dance Dance Revolution Quintin Tarantino Edition!
That, my friend, is the most genius idea ever conceived. I can see it now, Samuel L. Jackson and Uma Thurman break-dancing while blowing people away with automatic weapons. It will be deemed a work of art and a special display with a demo video of it playing will be set up in the Louvre just opposite the Mona Lisa.
Old 2007-08-05, 01:09   #20
requiem
Retired - Project Founder
Supporting Member

Quote:
Dance Dance Revolution Quintin Tarantino Edition!
I actually quite like that idea, some remixed western soundtracks in the background...

requiem is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
future, holds