project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
18 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2005-11-21, 19:55   #11
Rg

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]IRONxMortlock
Wow! That's great! To answer you question, no BF2 came with only one game mode, conquest. I played about 140 hours of vanilla BF2 and there's no way I could go back after playing PRM. I would be very interested if you could give me your perspective of vanilla BF2 having only played PRMM. I suspect you would be able to play it for about 10 minuntes tops before snapping a keyboard or something!

Your idea sounds good to me - simple and effective. I will always appreciate the addition of anykind of new gamemode to BF2 and the mod.
I’ve seen all I need to see from the demo (Hit detection....haha). I will not touch Vanilla BF2.....ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]Artnez.com
The only problem I see with this is hiking to the flag. Although this may seem great for some, many will not like it (including me). Although I like the idea of moving in slowly, I can't imagine spending an unlucky round crawling my way to the objective only to get shot every single time. Although it may be provoke more tactical thought and strategy, it can get very annoying, very fast.

Another problem is "spawn camping". Although I think spawn camping is perfectly legit when playing conquest, because it is a direct result of losing all of your flags... which you shouldn't do.

Spawn camping can be pretty effective here and quite disturbing to the game. If one side manages to swarm a main spawn point and start picking off spawners at a distance, they will be virtually unmatched. All it takes is briefly memorizing where each spawn point is and you can take some good cover and kill people as soon as they spawn.
First of all, it only would take a few minutes on foot to get near the center flag from your spawn. It’s your choice though as to how fast you advance. And don’t forget you have halos and vehicles to transport you much faster. This gives the attacking team time to try to capture the point before the enemy’s backup arrives.

Everyone is too accustomed to spawning at the flag that is currently under attack or spawning at the next door flag which is only 10-30 sec away. I don’t know about you guys, but I’m getting sick of that.

“While a few think that they should move in covertly, there will be others who believe they need to pierce through the enemy lines and take the fight to their face”
The latter is pretty much done by everyone, because you know you only have seconds before someone spawns at the flag your attacking. If this repawn problem is fixed, people will actually have a choice as to which tactic they would like to use.

About spawn camping, I don’t think this would be a huge problem, but can’t you just add more random spawn points? I mean quite a few and outside of the center area.

OR, I have no idea if this is possible, but it would certainly solve the problem. You make the opposing teams base spawn “Out of bounds” on their map. http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/8216/tkoh9ft.jpg. So they get punished when they go too far.
Rg is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
conquest, edit, existing, game, mode