project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-08-23, 16:56   #11
motherdear
Retired PR Developer

one of my favorite tactics to take out any armor is a c4 on the back (which does damage) and a mine in front of the tracks, then just blow the c4 that pushes the tank into the mine and watch the firework (only on stationary tank noobs though)
motherdear is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 17:58   #12
ReaperMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP*wasteland.soldier View Post
He must have been pretty injured for two SLAMs to take him out.
Yeah. Was on Al Kufrah last night, 2 Silly Spec Ops Players decided to put slams on my tank, only for me to brush it off and continue fighting.
ReaperMAC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 18:49   #13
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Its hillarious, when the SF takes out his Slams and places them on my tank and runs away thinking Ill blow up...

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 19:23   #14
Wolfe

edited original post
Last edited by Wolfe; 2007-08-23 at 19:37..
Old 2007-08-23, 22:21   #15
lysander_atrull

wouldn't bother with the smoke - any sensible tanker will move his tank as soon as his view is obstructed.

might work against inexperienced players mind.

just stay down and approach from an unobserved angle!

otherwise get a squad member to give a distraction some distance away (50-100 metres) within clear view so the tanker feels he doesn't need to move and can just snipe with his tank.
lysander_atrull is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 07:15   #16
RHYS4190

no best thing to do against a tank when your inf..... RUN at the first sign of an oproching tank and hide and wait for a friendly tank to take it out.
RHYS4190 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 12:37   #17
Blondin

Funniest way to fight a tank is to use H-AT on pub servers. Just aim at the enemy armor with the zoom to activate its lock alarm.
Then, just wait and enjoy seeing it moving fastly backward and hitting walls, friendly vehicles, trees... If you're lucky, it might drive upon his own teamates.
When it will be on cover, just wait a little and let him come far away from his safe location before doing the same thing again. And enjoy again

Without firing a single round, you should be able to neutralize its firepower if it's not driven by an experienced crew. Then, you'll be able to save your rounds for other priority targets : APCs and commander truck. IMO, this is the better way to deal with tanks if you're not sure to rearm easily your H-AT. If you will be able to have ammo easily, just let it panick and fire when it will be stucked somewhere against the relief.
Blondin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-20, 02:18   #18
1rankman

i like the throw the mine down behind it and put c4 on it and when detanated it blows up the mine and the tank
or just put a mine behind it then run in front it just to jump in its view to give the tank drive a big fright and get them to drive backwods suddenly in to the waiting mine
1rankman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-20, 09:30   #19
torcheypoos

another pownzoar trick i use and i advise using it is if the tank doesnt know ur there go prone and crawl round the front and place a mine at its track(as close as posible) then go stick a c4 on the back blow it the explosion pushes the tank into the mine the kablewy. im sick of seeing noobs putting a mine a c4 in the same spot and swearin when the tank drives forward away from the explosion. iv killed alot if ppl the way yeh pretty good 2 a quick note tho try make sure its a tank with just 1 crewman if theres a driver in it then theres a higher chance of it jst taking off with u in front of it jst waiting to get run over thx
torcheypoos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 09:34   #20
ZephyrDraevyn

Done a tank with just a mine before.... Crept up on the stationary tank, put a mine underneath and at the back...

One of my squadmates fired the wrong 'nade from his grenadier kit (Explosive, not smoke) - tanker panicked and reversed back over the mine.

RESULT !
ZephyrDraevyn is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
defeat, infantry, sun, tank, tzu