project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2006-01-26, 08:26   #11
Hitperson
Retired PR Developer

Hows about a trolly with aload of doctors/nurses or a midwife if you need that sort of thing then you could have a big morphine thing beside you.
sorry back to topic

I believe soldiors carry thier own morphine "shots" in to combat but i may be wrong.

Harrod200:"Fire.exe has committed an illegal operation and has been shut down"
Raniak : "Warning: May crash if fired upon."
M4sherman: "like peter pan but with tanks"
[R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 (on sim tower) "It truly was the game of my childhood and has led to me getting my degree in industrial engineering."
Hitperson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 10:11   #12
NikovK
Retired PR Developer

I actually think the shock paddles are a good choice. First, you get that healthy WhereeeeeePTSZAAAAP! sound that gives away a sneaky medic zapping wounded. That inaudible plinkle of morphine spraying out of a primed needle doesn't have that visceral feel.

Secondly, when the heart stops, you do CPR, and if you have it, use a defib. Reasons why the heart might stop? Severe shock. Reason why you'd get shock? Repeat gunshot trauma, concussive blasts, and other such nastiness. So I really see no reason not to use the shock paddles.

Mapper of Road to Kyongan'Ni and Hills of Hamgyong;
Genius behind many Really Stupid Ideas, and some Decent Ones.

NikovK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 10:32   #13
Hitperson
Retired PR Developer

and would you like to hump a defib into battle on top of 50lb's of gear??

Harrod200:"Fire.exe has committed an illegal operation and has been shut down"
Raniak : "Warning: May crash if fired upon."
M4sherman: "like peter pan but with tanks"
[R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 (on sim tower) "It truly was the game of my childhood and has led to me getting my degree in industrial engineering."
Hitperson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 11:09   #14
NikovK
Retired PR Developer

Um, sure. Would you like to do CPR in 50lbs of battle gear?

Mapper of Road to Kyongan'Ni and Hills of Hamgyong;
Genius behind many Really Stupid Ideas, and some Decent Ones.

NikovK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 16:16   #15
beta

Quote:
Would you like to do CPR in 50lbs of battle gear?
Not to mention through an armoured vest.
beta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 23:33   #16
goodgameral

No offense guys, but with only Medic cries, and using morphine to kill ppl and do a heal-type thing, you guys are really sounding like you'd be better off playing Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

And would you really like to hear my self-proclaimed "wolf call"?

"I need a Medic!" "I need a Medic!""I need a Medic!" "I need a Medic!""I need a Medic!" "I need a Medic!""I need a Medic!" "I need a Medic!""I need a Medic!" "I need a Medic!""I need a Medic!" "I need a Medic!""I need a Medic!" "I need a Medic!""I need a Medic!" "I need a Medic!""I need a Medic!" "I need a Medic!""I need a Medic!" "I need a Medic!""I need a Medic!" "I need a Medic!""I need a Medic!" "I need a Medic!""I need a Medic!" "I need a Medic!""I need a Medic!" "I need a Medic!"
goodgameral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 23:52   #17
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Ahh I see someone else has played that game too... heheh

yea i agree, leave the morphine out, the shock paddles, although not 100% realistic, add a nice touch to the game. they have a definite sound on the battlefield which is good.

If you want to play 100% realistically, once your hit, you are DOWN. no more shooting for you. No bandages are gonna make you return to combat effective status. unless you were grazed you will be wounded, and you are gonna be more concerned about the extreme pain your in rather than continuing the mission.
fuzzhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 23:53   #18
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

Haha agreed, using sound to get to a guy would result in a lot of 'wolf cries'. Also I think that whatever the medic uses to 'save people' shouldn't be turned into a close quarters weapon. You have a knife for that.

BrokenArrow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 01:29   #19
goodgameral

ukno, that brings up another idea, what about just giving the guy who gets revided either the Medic's (or his old) pistol or knife, that way, he can later just take a fallen opponent or one of his comrade's kits.
goodgameral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 01:30   #20
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

What happened to the wounded guy's weapon?

BrokenArrow is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
discussion, medical