project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2006-01-25, 10:16   #11
Hitperson
Retired PR Developer

i use a keyboard and i can still shove a missile up some ones ass especially on oman as i go round in a circle i can take out the jets on takeoff.

but my real job is chopper pilot.

Harrod200:"Fire.exe has committed an illegal operation and has been shut down"
Raniak : "Warning: May crash if fired upon."
M4sherman: "like peter pan but with tanks"
[R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 (on sim tower) "It truly was the game of my childhood and has led to me getting my degree in industrial engineering."
Hitperson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 14:30   #12
Tzefanya

I'm a keyboard/mouser and I manage just fine. I have a sensitivity adjust on my mouse and can turn it up and down as I need.
Tzefanya is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 14:52   #13
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]KingofCamelot
Hold Control, turn your mouse, look around.
1, you cant look directly bnehidn you
2, when you do this you loose total conrol of your jet, fly in a strait line and are piss easy targets for mini guns and missles.

Also the F-15 has been really badly tweaked. Its now turns like a WW2 Bomber.....

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 16:26   #14
Zepheris Casull

i know that BF2's map are never large enough to warrant full scale dogfight, but perhaps we can put a radar to the fighters? to make it fair let's say,

a. the radar picks up other plane's tracking radar, ie: when you are visible as a target on his screen, then the radar will pick him up. (the difference with the missile lock on warning is that this works anytime you r visible to his screen as target, even if he hasn't started locking onto u, ie: u r not directly in the middle of his screen)

b. the radar will only pick up airborne targets that are of certain height above ground. i don't know wether giving an incentive for pilots to nap the earth is going to be a blessing or a curse for infantries.

another thing, what about putting a different view alltogether for the cockpit view? one that is slightly further back and gives more degree of vision. In a way it's somewhat like what many flight simulators have, one view that is up close to the HUD (which is what BF2 has at the moment), and another view which is more at the pilot's helmet POV. (in simulators, the second view made it a tad harder to read the HUD indicators, but since BF2 has very view information that needs to be relayed then i am sure we can work something out.

and if we do implement that view, we can add mirror to the canopy top, which is somewhat like what some old phantom's have. voila, u can now have a limited degree of back view without having to divert ur view from the front at all, and u can see ur surroundings better too with more degree of vision.
Zepheris Casull is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 17:43   #15
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

the problem is, the HUD isnt on the HUD screen atall, its just a image painted on your screen and the HUD glass is just behind it. so if u move the view back the HUD will be over the sides of the glass....

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 17:55   #16
Zepheris Casull

which means we would need a new view made for it specifically, i don't know wether other people find the view usefull or not, but in flight sims, it's the only way i can grasp my surroundings and be aware of where ppl are. a zoomed up HUD view gives me a tunnel vision feel, i feel so blind to my sides.
Zepheris Casull is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 18:05   #17
Tzefanya

I agree. I call the view a padlock view (based on old Falcon 4.0 days). I wouldn't have it any other way.
Tzefanya is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bandit, jets, kind