Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2008-02-01, 19:40   #11
DrKniSh[DK]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
Wmiprsve.exe is not present on my system, yet I still had the connection issues. (I keep my processes slimmed down to 17).
Yeah i try to keep it down too. But Wmiprsve.exe wont usually show up as a running process
Old 2008-02-01, 20:52   #12
Death_dx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKniSh[DK] View Post
Yeah i try to keep it down too. But Wmiprsve.exe wont usually show up as a running process
Kinda doubt this will work (on mine), as I believe my shitty wireless internet is to blame. Worth a shot though, it'd be nice to pilot a chopper without having to hang on for a few seconds while I lag out hoping I don't crash.
Last edited by Death_dx; 2008-02-01 at 20:58..
Old 2008-02-02, 09:34   #13
Fatal-M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_dx View Post
Kinda doubt this will work (on mine), as I believe my shitty wireless internet is to blame. Worth a shot though, it'd be nice to pilot a chopper without having to hang on for a few seconds while I lag out hoping I don't crash.

as for u my friend ! playing online with a wireless connection is a big NO !
it reduces ur internet speed and of course ur average of ping due to wireless connectivity ! if ur wireless has a router , well get a cable (faster quality called Cat6) and plug that from ur router (wireless) to ur computer and im sure more than 40% of ur online problems will be solved !

as for the post ! usualy trojans or virus's take alot of memory , but since our issue is internet ! well it happend to me 2 weeks ago ! i was playing on a server (forgot the name) and it was fools road ! after i finished the game i had a virus called killer.exe its an ass basicly ! it shuts down anti-virus's , anti-spyware's , internet explorer , firefox , and the list goes on ! one quick tip about this ! if the game between loads (between map switch) or even at ur first map load take's alot of time will there is a virus or spyware , trojan ....etc , being uploaded to ur computer ! so disconnect and install a gd internet security !

i hear 1 guys saying zone alarm well i tested that software and its too much for any computer ! i give my advice to download an internet security suit called Eset Smart Security (also known as Nod32) and add ur internet ip to the safe list and ur gd my friend

i will post a thread today which will help u guys alot

Out
Old 2008-02-02, 14:01   #14
SnipingCoward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Rush View Post
i hear 1 guys saying zone alarm well i tested that software and its too much for any computer !
same goes for kerio firewall

also: the firewall does not detect trojans - that's why they are trojans - firewalls usually don't block transfers initialy started by the client

firewalls only protect you from getting hacked - or maybe a very well configured firewall will block the trojans traffic (questionable)

only thing helping you whith the trojan is anti virus software or the good old process explorer (kill process tree ) and after that kick it from the msconfig autostart list
Old 2008-02-02, 19:36   #15
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

i dont get it i followed exact instructions and it didnt work...

as well i never had connection problems with 0.7 untill 0.7b server update
Old 2008-02-07, 16:24   #16
warbi

Try this solution from SnipingCoward. Worked for me. Ignore the fact that it's for a Belkin router; I've got a US Robotics one and it worked for me. Let us know how you get on...

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27...tml#post598106
Old 2008-02-08, 06:12   #17
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

I have tried disabling this service but it doesnt work, my ping does not spike, it simply says connection problem then bang disconnected from server, it happens every 10-15 minutes exact
Old 2008-02-08, 07:03   #18
SnipingCoward

you could try to manually update punkbuster
and/or disable windows defender (if using vista)
test disabling voip to see if it has something to do with the prob
Old 2008-09-06, 16:18   #19
Adam
Default Re: Connection Issues. Permanent Fix.

I'm afraid this didn't work for me I'm starting to give up hope. I think I will Kill my computer, then reinstall it.

EDIT: Tried everything else as well. Nothing works
Last edited by Adam; 2008-09-06 at 16:36..
Old 2008-11-02, 08:55   #20
KrankyKiller

Talking Re: Connection Issues. Permanent Fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKniSh[DK] View Post
If you feel that you have read the "connection to server lost" message too many times during online gaming. Then you might try to disable the "Wmiprsve.exe" proces.This proces has been reported to cause a lot of trouble for several online games(Lag & Connection issues) .
Disabling it,has worked miraculously for me.

Note that it most of the time do not appear as a background task,so search for it manually(Read how to, further down. hope it can help some of you.

Info:
Windows® Management Instrumentation (WMI) is a component of the Microsoft® Windows® operating system that provides management information and control in an enterprise environment. By using industry standards, managers can use WMI to query and set information on desktop systems, applications, networks, and other enterprise components. Developers can use WMI to create event monitoring applications that alert users when important incidents occur.

In earlier versions of Windows, providers were loaded in-process with the Windows Management service (WinMgmt.exe), running under the LocalSystem security account. Failure of a provider caused the entire WMI service to fail. The next request to WMI restarted the service.
Beginning with Windows XP, WMI resides in a shared service host with several other services. To avoid stopping all the services when a provider fails, providers are loaded into a separate host process named Wmiprvse.exe. Multiple instances of Wmiprvse.exe can run at the same time under different accounts: LocalSystem, NetworkService, or LocalService. The WMI core WinMgmt.exe is loaded into the shared Local Service host named Svchost.exe.
Note: wmiprvsw.exe is the Sasser worm!

Note: The wmiprvse.exe file is located in the folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem. In other cases, wmiprvse.exe is a virus, spyware, trojan or worm!

Fix :
To turn it off, Start - Run - services.msc - double-click on "Windows Management Instrumentation" and set disabled

i forgot to mention. I also erased the wmiprsve.exe manully from the C:WINDOWS\System32\Wbem. not sure of the effect(Backup before doing so) and also the C:WINDOWS\Prefetch\wmiprsve.exe..too lazy to search in Prefetch ?? Erase the whole damn thing in there,and reboot..

Please Post a Reply if this has worked for you as well

Good luck, See you on the battlefield.
ThankYou! Thankyou! Best info! you saved me from a Stroke! tried it all before your post, and to no avail.

Anyone that has the dreaded connection problem could most likely benefit from this post. The characters that tell you to dump windows, replace drivers, and God knows what else... are all wrong! (well maybe except in very remote cases.) If you do what DrKniSh has noted it will save you stress too. Thankyou once again, You are Rock Awesome!! Btw...older (02-03) P4mx266 VIA chipset, BH gaming system,windows xp home,service pack 3, 1.5 gb ram, 100 gb hd. netgear wireless "N" router(WND3300), wireless adapter (WND3100). Now goes smooth with high video settings! SWEET!!!!

Tags
connection, fix, issues, permanent