project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2008-03-03, 23:23   #11
Alex6714

I also feel the same sometimes. Its a shame because PR is probably one of the most awesome games I have played and still play, but the players are getting worse. I stick to Air/vehicles now because I like flying and the deviation and fact that I suck ruin infantry. Went and played AIX for a bit today, absolute rape, spam etc... but I enjoyed it being an air whore.

Still, I can never get over how awesome and satisfying the tournament battles are compared to pub games.
Old 2008-03-04, 00:03   #12
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

The funny thing is, on all the games that Outlaw described, the other team was having a BLAST kicking your ass.
You have been playing long enough to know that it is all random chance with the first few months of a release.
Then people settle in and learn how to fight and we get 2-3 weeks of great games and then the next release comes out.
I understand and empathize but I was offline for like 2 months and missed the initial release so whatever frustrations I may share, the need to play outweighs them considerably.
During my offline time I went back and played MOHAA and COD and I'm guessing the new game isn't much different, and I re-realized why I am a PR junkie.

I will take 20 mediocre to piss-poor games in exchange for that 2 hour battle on Kashan where you lose flags simply because the other team is a little better than you, not because some idiot crashed all the planes or something similar.

Take a week off and the urge will overpower you and before long you'll be in that CO's seat again, lovin' every minute of it.
Old 2008-03-04, 01:02   #13
Warmagi

Outlawz I really like playing with you.

I think you are right. Whenever I play pub without ppl with tags I am so frustrated that Im almost hitting my keyboard with a head. Seriously, there is more and more Noobs and 1337 playaz.

Whenever I play... (as above)I see ppl TK each other, they calling themself names, what really pisses me off is the guys... lately its almost on every server... saying how America is the greatest coutry in the world... as myself I dont have anything against america, but I have something agaist saying about any country that it is superior to others and without it Europe wouldnt exist, that that coutry is saving everyone else ass everyday and so should bow for it. I leave that kind of server straight away.

Or the deviation... Im laying down, not moving, taking an aim... shooting and the bullet deviates not hitting a target, shooting again, and again, and again guy finally spotting me goes prone shoots and BAM headshot. Im spawning on rally BAM someone is camping it.... ok spawn at the bunker.... BAM APC is watching it and kills with coaxal gun every poor soul.... alright... so... the FIREBASE its far enough... BAM it blows as soon as I spawn... ok MAIN then... taking the car... few guys jump in we are driving on the road... some looney moving straight on us with a truck swaying from left to right... so Im stopping to let the drunkard pass... he hits us and TK...
Ok, main again... lets take a tank, ok crew full... nothing can stop us now... BIP BIP BIP HAT go back go back!!! Cant tracks disabled... we need repairs BOOOOM... nevermind...

I those times I have more fun playing alone on LAN or as Outlawz said COD 4 or... SOURCE games.

The situation improoved when I joined a clan, great people, even better cooperation and teamwork. Now at least I can have a descent game from time to time when we meet ingame.

Outlawz, dont worry it is like this now with PR but you CAN have a good game from time to time. You are just unlucky for some more time than we all are.

I wish you good luck and hope the joy of playing PR will come back to you.

Warmagi
Old 2008-03-04, 06:00   #14
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Cheeseman View Post
No, but when he decides to compare the two in his post I have to constitute on those bases why he might find CoD4 to be "fun" in comparison to PR.
CoD4 Single Player.

Quote:
The funny thing is, on all the games that Outlaw described, the other team was having a BLAST kicking your ass.
Happened once, on Fools Road, I commanded the GB team, which was in disarray so I switched to Militia thinking they probably have better squads, but no - they just had a dedicated Village camp squad that brought half the Militia assets to camp the GB main, so nothing could get out. Then again 2 hours of constantly being killed and everyone being stupid, when we lost Estate, a couple of random players went there to recapture with marksman and sniper kits and a solo T62 and got owned, naturally.
They couldn't even defend the Militia Bunker and 32 people were sitting inside the Militia main 200m away like dumb chickens.
Last edited by [R-DEV]Outlawz7; 2008-03-04 at 06:06..
Old 2008-03-04, 06:17   #15
Dylan

Wow, there is lots of hostility. Outlawz, you might just consider taking a break for a bit like me from PR. Ive played .7 for about 4 hours, and ive been taking a long break from it. I really cannot handle people talking to me like I am a child, and to be honest, I see too many instances where people are so disrespectful that I get put off. This used to be a respectful enviornment, but coming back and dealing first hand with the name calling and tking was too much. I wouldnt mind someone showing me the ropes again so I can get back to it, but to be honest, over the last year my PR gaming days have been declining. Since the reformat I havnt even bothered with isntalling BF2, which is distrubing. I do like .7 though, dont get me wrong. Since the decline of my PR days, I have pretty much stopped playing a lot of my games for these reasons. I could really rant all I want, but that will put me in too much of a position to be flamed myself so here ends my rant.

Edit: A lot of you guys are telling him this mod isnt for him. He has been around for a long time, but yet some of you treat him like hes the new guy or something.
Last edited by Dylan; 2008-03-04 at 06:26..
Old 2008-03-04, 06:21   #16
charliegrs

if you actually ENJOY games like cod4, crysis and counter strike then PR is probly not for you to begin with. if you play cod4 and 5 minutes into it you are screaming at the utter ridiculousness and simplistic nature of it then PR is right up your alley. i think anyone who has yet to try this mod should really ask themselves this before they go on a server and kill half of theyre own team.

and yes there are ALOT of retards on the public servers, but you cant hate a mod for the people that play, since theres nothing that can be done about those people. its unfortuneate but sometimes you have to do a little digging to find a good squad/server but its well worth the time.
Old 2008-03-04, 07:17   #17
Spaz
Supporting Member

I love everthing about the new release exept for the "vannila noobs" that been attacking the servers like crazy.

@Cheeseman: BAh did you serisusly buy cod thinking that it would be realistic? And if you get spawn raped join a server that got 5 vs 5 players. And if you want tactics and teamwork join a clan and start playing matchs its really fun and tactical. Just stay away from the 50 slots public cod4 servers and you will love it, I think its the best inf fps game right now.

Old 2008-03-04, 07:18   #18
PRC_Heavy_Z
Retired PR Developer

Just because you enjoy playing COD4/Crysis/[insert semi-realistic game here] doesn't mean PR is not for you. Yes, Other games gives completely different experiences, which seems to be looked down upon by some of the PR members. However, in the end PR and every other mod/game is simply for entertainment. If it entertains you, play it. Also people have different and multiple tastes for games.

I understand where Outlawz is coming from. I've taken a break from PR not so long ago partly because of the same reasons stated by OP and had a blast playing Crysis, CoD4 and even vBF2.

(I'm back now if anyone's wondering )
Old 2008-03-04, 07:37   #19
CAS_117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaah_Wah View Post
@OP

All i see is lots of whining:/ Seriously, i wonder what server ppl play on, coz i have a decent game pretty much everytime i play
Thank you for your opinion. Nice to see you put as much effort and thought into that response as the Outlawz did. You didn't even disagree with any of his points at all (which are completely valid and I often identify with, although he's very much spared the wrath of 20 minute jets spawn times). If you can't be aresed to either think about your post or respond to what he says, don't call it "whining". At least he made some sense.

Edit: Flame suit ACTIVATE.
Last edited by CAS_117; 2008-03-04 at 07:44..
Old 2008-03-04, 07:56   #20
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I think alot of people would agree that v0.7 is not as "fun" as some of the old releases, mainly due to now its more of a simulation for the most part and not really a game any more...

Tags
playing, satisfaction