project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Map Strategies
23 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-02-12, 21:20   #11
[DVB] Avalon.ca

Default Re: Operation Baracuda

After a round on one of the =H= servers last night, on this particular map it has lead me too some stratigic points about the offence and defence needed by the US.

- first off, you need to have skilled pilots. not just the guys that can hover over a truck while its moving. i am sure it looks cool, but you need a guy that has the safty of his aircraft first and formost. a fellow that trys to fly through enemy teritory with disregard as to if he can make it with out being shot down is not the guys that should be transporting 6 lives, and millions in tax payer dollars lol (it is project reality after all). you need a pilot that will find a safe place to set down, and not show boat killing everyone. ( i would do it my self but i am too fat too fly.)
- forward outpost. as far as i can tell, at the moment it matters little where you put this. my preferace is anywhere on the island that can be defended with ease. just having a universal spawn locationg on the rock can keep boots on it, instead of the carrier.
- in order to make the forward out post you need to make sure that you have 2 different aircraft headed to the same place for 2 supply crates. a squad on each of the 2, one to build the other to defend.
- treat your firebases as if they were capable flags. you lose your foot hold on the soil, the match is nearly over. with the fact ( and i didn't know this until this thread) there is no bleed for the US makes defending your forward outpost a no brainer.
- helo's need to be constantly resuplying the fire base and captured tartory squads throught the whole match. it keeps kits amno, and medical supplies abbundant. plus it alows for quick rebuilding of distroyed assests. this also keeps pilots being board and starting to do silly things. a thought.. the SL for the helo squad assigns each air craft to a particular squad, this allows for constant resply and not having 2 or three respond to the same request, and on the other hand none respond, there for neglecting the grunts on the ground.

just a few thoughts.

Av.
Last edited by [DVB] Avalon.ca; 2009-02-12 at 21:34..
Old 2009-02-12, 21:58   #12
cyberzomby

A few good thoughts I'd say Getting a firebase up and letting it stay up is one of the main things like you say. Also! Its weird that pilot squads dont use a pilot squad leader. Like a manager of the squad. Hes not gettin in and just directing the choppers.
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 22:02   #13
[DVB] Avalon.ca

cyber, thats a great idea. unfortunatly it might be just as exciting as a commander. don't get me wrong i really do think that is fantastic idea. the only problem... if the devs can't find a way to get any one go in the commander roll, i dought they will find anyone to play cheif pilot, and not fly.
[DVB] Avalon.ca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 08:23   #14
cyberzomby

Yep I agree. And I saw someone else post this a while ago as well btw. Where some more people in for it. It will be more exciting when theres a commander whos getting all these flight request from the squads.
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 23:43   #15
Arnoldio
Banned

US have to come in fast and in pairs of squads (if the flags are apart), if not, even closer, clear out enemy defenses, establish an FOB at the point of landing and defend it (one squad should be able to keep the defense up) while others cap.

I did this thing with my 3 man squad. We came directly on the beach, killed few chinamen, i threw down a FB and we kept defending it, 3 ppl! We had 1 squad attacking us mid range, FAV running around with 50 cal... Then we moved on to the flags to help others and bang the FB was gone in no time.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 00:45   #16
Supporting Member

Depends on whether the Chinese get AA defenses and .50 cals up first or the US to insert troops first. Speed in the beginning of this map is essential to both sides.
503 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 10:13   #17
arjan

in my opinion US should try and seize the airstrip with 1 or 2 bunkers and get 2 squads to defend, and the other go out for flag hunting.

Basicly use the airstrip as a mainbase
arjan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 12:13   #18
General_J0k3r

barracuda rounds are battles of attrition in the end. there's no bleed and thus no incentive to cap anything (unless one can cap china out which is unlikely). thus i say build 1-2 FB's and hold. do nothing else. US will win.
General_J0k3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 14:09   #19
Masterbake
Banned

The problem is that say there's 3 full infantry squads, at the start of the round they'll go in together, but after the first couple of waves fail the squads just go in one by one and are easy to take out with a few defences.
Masterbake is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 22:37   #20
TheLean
Supporting Member

The reason US lose mostly is because of uninformed players who think capping flags is necessary to win. The Us has an advantage in firepower with their rocket Hueys and if they are used with tacticts and skill the advantage is theirs.
Last edited by TheLean; 2009-04-14 at 09:39..

Tags
baracuda, operation