project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-01-21, 01:06   #11
McBumLuv
Default Re: Gazzthompson basic guide to cover .... with paint !!

Good guide, I do it already when using AT weapons especially, because you're completely under cover, and you can pop up whenever without loosing any deviation or doing the dance thing, making it easy to quickly spot your target and hit it before it hits you.

Though, when faced with targets over 200 meters, I usually just go from prone to crouch, sure you reset your deviation and you have to wait, but it doesn't tale any time to go prone (or extremely little time at least), and you'll be missing every shot otherwise with 0.8 deviation, maximum and minimum, at that distance.
McBumLuv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 01:19   #12
Drav
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Of course the other huuuuge part of this story is, make sure you're setup before the enemy is.

If you peek round a corner and see an enemy 50m away lying down prone aiming at you, theres little point in trying to engage him directly because he is in a MUCH better state than you are. Deploy smoke, chuck grenades while your mate flanks, anything to make him get up and move....
Drav is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 09:43   #13
gazzthompson

the minimum deviation is reached no matter the position though right ? id still take standing to kneeling and other way round than prone to kneeling.

even if they guy 200m away has better deviation (which i dont think he will, cause minimum is reached no matter the position?) hes exposed at all times.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 13:38   #14
single.shot (nor)

i always used to prone alot, but i check this advice out, see what i think, however i see your way of thinking. nice guide to the obvious, that nobody realises...
single.shot (nor) is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 13:41   #15
MaxBooZe

Gazz is my Hero.. In paint!
MaxBooZe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 14:03   #16
Drav
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
even if they guy 200m away has better deviation (which i dont think he will, cause minimum is reached no matter the position?) hes exposed at all times.

no, mindev for each position is different I think.....

But ye people go on about deviation, but forget that how much of you is showing is just as important as being settled. If you're a 2 metre target, you're going to be easier to hit than a 1 metre target no matter what the deviation is...

Obvious, but you see it all the time.
Last edited by Drav; 2009-01-21 at 14:09..
Old 2009-01-21, 14:31   #17
Tartantyco

-Isn't your first person view located in your torso in BF2? Makes you quite a big target.
Tartantyco is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 14:46   #18
gazzthompson

ive had no problems, i do compensate a bit for a larger hitbox when in cover though.

Old 2009-01-21, 18:24   #19
flem615

same thing goes for windows, you dont stand in the window, you stand behind the window. the enemy has a much harder time seeing you and you can easily take cover anywere. by the way nice pictures, it was pretty lol
flem615 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 22:11   #20
gazzthompson

bump as i see this happen WELL to often.

Tags
basic, cover, gazzthompson, guide, paint