Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2009-04-07, 01:10   #11
bagpiperdude90
Supporting Member

Default Re: Crash to Desktop Vista x64 - NO, NOT the same as all the others

You can download archived nvidia drivers here:

NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search

Let me know if you have any luck. I'm in the middle of what is basically an almost-reformat (without losing all my data and programs... I'm talking DEEP, DEEP registry cleaning, killing ALL old drivers, restoring windows files, etc). If it works, I'll post a step-by-step.
Last edited by bagpiperdude90; 2009-04-07 at 01:16.. Reason: speeeeeelling corrections
Old 2009-04-07, 01:43   #12
Chaoticzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagpiperdude90 View Post
You can download archived nvidia drivers here:

NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search

Let me know if you have any luck. I'm in the middle of what is basically an almost-reformat (without losing all my data and programs... I'm talking DEEP, DEEP registry cleaning, killing ALL old drivers, restoring windows files, etc). If it works, I'll post a step-by-step.
Nope it didn't work.

Let me know if you find a fix.
Old 2009-04-07, 01:51   #13
bagpiperdude90
Supporting Member

I'm wondering if its audio related. Are you running integrated or addon sound?

If integrated, try disabling in your BIOS, if possible. If addon, remove the card and disable onboard in the BIOS, so you have NO sound at all. The run PR/BF2 and see how it goes.

No promises... but I'd like to try it but can't right now since I'm still in the middle of my long list of things to do.

If you try it, let me know if it works.
Old 2009-04-07, 01:59   #14
Chaoticzero

Quote:
I'm wondering if its audio related. Are you running integrated or addon sound?

If integrated, try disabling in your BIOS, if possible. If addon, remove the card and disable onboard in the BIOS, so you have NO sound at all. The run PR/BF2 and see how it goes.

No promises... but I'd like to try it but can't right now since I'm still in the middle of my long list of things to do.

If you try it, let me know if it works.
I don't think it's audio related. The CTD seems to happen when somthing appears on my screen like the bleed effect or if a vehicle pops on my screen.

Anyways I'll try it, but I don't know how to disable the audio in my BIOS.
Old 2009-04-07, 02:09   #15
bagpiperdude90
Supporting Member

Well, all my fun tryings didn't work. So much for that.

Ummm... whats left on my list of things to try:

1) Audio
2) Going from dual to single channel memory
3) Cycling around on 2GB of memory to see if I have a bad module
Old 2009-04-07, 02:49   #16
bagpiperdude90
Supporting Member

Ugh.

Audio didn't do a thing.

RAM looked like it fixed it while the audio was switched off in the BIOS - I went down to two and didn't have any issues...

But now the issues are back. Either all my RAM is bad (heh. surely not that) or I have no idea what in the world this problem is.

Ugh.

Let me say one more time for effect...

Ugh.

I'm about to delete my BF2 emails with the key codes, delete my EA account, and throw away the CD and bever be able to be lured back to trying.

Ugh.
Last edited by bagpiperdude90; 2009-04-07 at 03:48..
Old 2009-04-07, 04:31   #17
Cheeseman
Retired PR Developer

This problem was sometimes caused by a certain computer hardware being overclocked. Do any of you have a CPU or GPU overclocked?
Old 2009-04-07, 06:55   #18
bagpiperdude90
Supporting Member

!!!FIXED!!!

Please follow tutorial I posted here: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27...op-issues.html

Ok, what I realized was the issue, for me at least, was the EA Download Manger, which I HAVE to have installed and running to play BF2 because I have the download version. Well, I fixed that. Simple. Just go find the large address aware BF2.exe for the CD version, and install Daemon Tools to run a mini CD image. Thats all I can say, I'm sure, without getting PR in trouble for having info on the forum.

Now, with no EADM, I don't get crashes. So the issue was with EADM. How did I figure that out? Single player worked just fine, so it had to be some communication issue with a server or EA.
Last edited by bagpiperdude90; 2009-04-08 at 21:55..
Old 2009-04-07, 07:02   #19
Wispit

Do you mean Overcolocked in the past, or currently? ive fiddled with the lil ASUS docter thing (just to see what happens) but that was ages ago and ive currently had it all running at defualt.
The problem has literally come up overnight (last night) and so far it happens after 3 minutes and 30 seconds (roughly) of game time (after clicking squad assignment), doesnt appear to be map dependant.
Ive tried reinstall PR and bf2 both to no avail, i tried using pbsetup it seemed to delay it a couple o times (from 3:30 to say 15 mins) but its now gone back ot teh same thing. Ill try taking out the current PSU and puttin in an old one (thanks for that idea ).
Is it possible a windows update may have caused a conflict that has created this (we all seem to have it and most have windows....)
The one thing that i seem to tihnk it is, is a virus being that the ctds are alomost on a timer. but im hopin im just paraniod.

But yea ill let you know if i have any success.

Edit: disregard this, guy above says he found sometihng (and as my version is an EADM (for the love of god never touch it my dad cant play bf2 due an error in it) anyhow yea im now gona try that out
Old 2009-04-07, 07:08   #20
Wispit

Quote:
!!!FIXED!!!

. Well, I fixed that. Simple. Just go find the large address aware BF2.exe for the CD version, and install Daemon Tools to run a mini CD image. Thats all I can say, I'm sure, without getting PR in trouble for having info on the forum.

Now, with no EADM, I don't get crashes. So the issue was with EADM. How did I figure that out? Single player worked just fine, so it had to be some communication issue with a server or EA.
Umm just one quick quesiton mate, what do u mean by address aware? is there a way u can u explain simpler or pm how u did it? p.s. if this is borderlining piracy stuff dont risk it ill try n work it out.

Tags
crash, desktop, vista, x64