project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Dutch Forces
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Dutch Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Dutch Forces faction.

Old 2009-04-21, 14:49   #11
LittleFoX
Default Re: Afghanistan missions only?

There are still Dutch armed forces in Bosnia, but their just not fighting everyday(like in Afganistan) It's a peacekeeping mission (EUFOR). But it's not really suitable for PR imo
Old 2009-04-21, 14:52   #12
Chuc
Retired PR Developer

Man you people sure have little imaginations

Personal Folio - http://www.studioash.net
Old 2009-04-21, 15:00   #13
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Chuc View Post
Man you people sure have little imaginations
hehe. You guys should be thinking WAY more outside the box to what is happening in r/l, get some maps done in China, Iran, Oman, Russia etc.

If we just decided to work on maps that where on realistic, we would have no Qwai, no Muttrah, etc etc and we would be left with Basrah, Fallujah, Korengal and a few other maps...

Think if NATO went to war with China, the MEC, Russia or who ever, where they might fight and make a map on it

Thou when I say think outside the box, I dont mean go and make a new faction for just 1 map unless you really think you (and your team) can pull it off, thou really currently we have lots of factions that need more maps as they are.

and this goes for all community factions too btw

Old 2009-04-21, 15:14   #14
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
hehe. You guys should be thinking WAY more outside the box to what is happening in r/l, get some maps done in China, Iran, Oman, Russia etc.

If we just decided to work on maps that where on realistic, we would have no Qwai, no Muttrah, etc etc and we would be left with Basrah, Fallujah, Korengal and a few other maps...

Think if NATO went to war with China, the MEC, Russia or who ever, where they might fight and make a map on it

Thou when I say think outside the box, I dont mean go and make a new faction for just 1 map unless you really think you (and your team) can pull it off, thou really currently we have lots of factions that need more maps as they are.

and this goes for all community factions too btw
Its not that were not going to make non afghan maps, its more like we need to fill in the blanks for some concepts we have and to keep it a nice surprise i am not discussing it in public

Old 2009-04-21, 20:01   #15
JohnnOmar

I'm sorry, but I was just reading the Spreadsheet(Design Plan Dutch Armed Forces) and I saw that a map named Yalu River is being developed... I also remember seeing a thread about it... So I guess they're not Afghanistan only...
Old 2009-04-22, 06:41   #16
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

That's correct. Yalu River is on our todo-list, along with something else, which we will not reveal just yet, as we're still investigating things. The focus at this moment is Afghanistan, but there's much more in the pipeline.

So yes, we do think out of the box, a LOT to be honest, but you don't know, 'cause you can't see .

Note: we have three Afghanistan maps, all are very different. The other maps and scenarios (we already have in mind) will NOT take place in Afghanistan. They will be totally different, offering a new experience with the Dutchies.

Last edited by [R-DEV]AfterDune; 2009-04-22 at 06:48..
Old 2009-04-22, 07:00   #17
NemeanHavoc

We stil are in bosnia...

Anyways Last week I started working on a concept map about somalia, but its just a test.
No big beach invasion, just to test, static cargoships and boarding teams only.. But since I just pick up mapping again dont expact anything...

Anyways Imo the only realistic dutch war atm could be Dutch vs Venezuelan forces.
Since Chaves threaten us about a 100 times that he wil invade the ABC island, when we leave it.
Old 2009-04-22, 07:17   #18
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeanHavoc View Post
We stil are in bosnia...

Anyways Last week I started working on a concept map about somalia, but its just a test.
No big beach invasion, just to test, static cargoships and boarding teams only.. But since I just pick up mapping again dont expact anything...

Anyways Imo the only realistic dutch war atm could be Dutch vs Venezuelan forces.
Since Chaves threaten us about a 100 times that he wil invade the ABC island, when we leave it.
Sshhhhhhhhhhhh, now you have ruined the big surprise

Old 2009-04-22, 11:28   #19
KingLorre

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Glimmerman View Post
Sshhhhhhhhhhhh, now you have ruined the big surprise
I hate it when you do that
Old 2009-04-22, 22:51   #20
DeadSmile187
Supporting Member

there should be a Joint Ops Map Germans , Dutch vs Russia , we always had in the Past Some Joint Trainings :P

Maybe something like that ?

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem!"
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em."

Tags
afghanistan, missions, scheveningen, veluwe