project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
14 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2009-05-05, 00:52   #11
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: barrett .50 cal

I dont think PR would be using any sort of 50cal snipers/ matireal rifles any time soon so dont get your hopes up mate. but good model anyway

HangMan: BF2 Editor, it has very strict limitations memory wise, and crashes all the time. Its like a girl. Treat it with respect and take it slow and you'll get places. Rush and get ahead of yourself and it will turn around and punch you in the mouth
Tonnie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 00:53   #12
D|ehard

Missed the "wholes"
D|ehard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 01:05   #13
=BW=GUNNY-197

u forgot the little hole at the end of the muzzle and the holes on the side near the north of the scope u might wanna fix that
=BW=GUNNY-197 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 01:26   #14
charliegrs

its a really nice model, but i have some bad news for you. the chances of the PR team putting this into the mod are very low. PR used to have a barret, back in version .5, and the team removed it because people were concentrating too much on trying to get the rifle and not doing anything for their teams. but there might be another bf2 mod that could use this.
charliegrs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 16:59   #15
UncleRob199
Default Re: [Weapon] barrett .50 cal

I would like it if this could be used in PR, but it's true that people are too obsessed with it. I would still like it though, maybe as a strictly limited sniper kit (1 per team or something).

Yeah about the model, I heard that it is shorter than most sniper rifles, and isn't as heavy as it looks.
UncleRob199 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 08:21   #16
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRob199 View Post
maybe as a strictly limited sniper kit (1 per team or something).
i call asset whores

HangMan: BF2 Editor, it has very strict limitations memory wise, and crashes all the time. Its like a girl. Treat it with respect and take it slow and you'll get places. Rush and get ahead of yourself and it will turn around and punch you in the mouth
Tonnie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 08:49   #17
Hitperson
Retired PR Developer

meh.

M82 is only good for shooting people through walls and opening doors

Harrod200:"Fire.exe has committed an illegal operation and has been shut down"
Raniak : "Warning: May crash if fired upon."
M4sherman: "like peter pan but with tanks"
[R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 (on sim tower) "It truly was the game of my childhood and has led to me getting my degree in industrial engineering."
Hitperson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 08:29   #18
tutvys13

Could I use this weapon for LAF?
tutvys13 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 08:42   #19
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

The guy hasn't visited this website since 2011. You best send him a PM about it tutvys13, he is not going to read your message.

You can always use the Barret M95 from BF2 vanilla. With a proper re-texture and PR scope it should be a very good substitute and save you a lot of work. Although I can't see how this weapon can be a nice fun new asset it PR. It's just going to be abused. But that's your decision not mine

Battlefield 2 - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 09:56   #20
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

IF the M82 ingame could be coded to destroy assests and light vehicles within a reasonable amount of shots, it could fill a certain niche and thus be very viable as an alternative to the "standard" bolt action sniper rifles. But I don't think it can be done, else the devs would've already.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
barrett, cal, weapon