project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-05-07, 04:37   #11
crazy11
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: The art of IED by JohnnyTheIED

Please do not flame on the forums

From the Forum rules.
Quote:
# Respect
Respect every forum member and moderator. All forum posters are to be treated equally with respect. Repeatedly using vulgar language and flaming somebody is not acceptable behaviour. Respect Forum Moderators, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges. Furthermore, moderators treat everybody as equals and abide by all the forum rules.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.- Wayne Gretzky
crazy11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 08:32   #12
sakils2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scope View Post
nice tips johnny. but you forgot to add your favorite. i see you do this all the time, but you've seemed to have forgotten to put it in your post. one very effective strategy i see you use a lot is to spawn as US/Brit, plant some c4 on the blackhawk or some other valuable asset, TK everyone inside then switch to the insurgent side. Very, very effective. So be sure you add that to the 3rd part of your post.

User warned for flaming.
I can say Jesus was drinking beer with me while we were watching 2 Girls 1 Cup, yesterday. But that doesn't mean it happened.
Last edited by sakils2; 2009-05-07 at 09:42..
Old 2009-05-07, 11:13   #13
JKRMAUI

I personally like using mines as a "oh doh" sort of thing. Placing them in plain sight as to encourage my targets to go places where I want them.
JKRMAUI is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 07:17   #14
Scar

Very good guide for do a little allah akbaar
Scar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 11:27   #15
[R-DEV]​Tim270
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKRMAUI View Post
I personally like using mines as a "oh doh" sort of thing. Placing them in plain sight as to encourage my targets to go places where I want them.
Yea, a good way to accomplish this is to find a part of the road where there are rocks on it, put a mine on one side of the road IED inside the rock, then it looks like the obvious choice to avoid the mine and go on the 'clear' side of the street.
Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 11:42   #16
RedWater
Supporting Member

Hmhm such stone where you can place mines under are often found right after the entrances from main-bases (fallujah) ...

hmm WHAT ARE THE ODS?!

Ahhh I like my mine-stones
RedWater is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 14:50   #17
JohnnyTheIED
Banned

Last nite in a server, I was attacked and called "terrorist" by some kid for making this guide.

Needless to say im quite disappointed with the PR community. I don't know if I'll keep doing this, I'm getting more and more attacked by these low watted lobotomy on 2 legs and its getting quite annoying. Mainly because nobody wants to take the heat from the enraged muslim haters who basically make a livin out of internet power.

Maybe in 50 yrs when people will be intelligent enough on the matter to make the difference in their black and white world.
JohnnyTheIED is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 00:02   #18
The_Blitzcraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyTheIED View Post
Last nite in a server, I was attacked and called "terrorist" by some kid for making this guide.

Needless to say im quite disappointed with the PR community. I don't know if I'll keep doing this, I'm getting more and more attacked by these low watted lobotomy on 2 legs and its getting quite annoying. Mainly because nobody wants to take the heat from the enraged muslim haters who basically make a livin out of internet power.

Maybe in 50 yrs when people will be intelligent enough on the matter to make the difference in their black and white world.
Dont let ignorant people get to you (let alone foolish children who have no idea what they are talking about).

By making guides like this you are helping the community understand how to play the insurgency game mode (currently most players have no idea how to). Its laughable for someone to be labeled a "Terrorist" for simply making a guide on a video game to help improve the understanding and overall game play of this underrated game type. Keep up the good work with these guides.
The_Blitzcraig is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 13:09   #19
Masterbake
Banned

Good guide.

IEDs are funny. Unless you get ambushed while holding the mobile phone.
Masterbake is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 14:03   #20
JohnnyTheIED
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blitzcraig View Post
Dont let ignorant people get to you (let alone foolish children who have no idea what they are talking about).

By making guides like this you are helping the community understand how to play the insurgency game mode (currently most players have no idea how to). Its laughable for someone to be labeled a "Terrorist" for simply making a guide on a video game to help improve the understanding and overall game play of this underrated game type. Keep up the good work with these guides.
Thanks for the nice words, I needed that.

On a second note, Last nite I got myself a full APC on Fallujah highway U-turn (in front of red cross) with a 6 x IED blast Was on top of the arch waiting, quite a blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterbake View Post
Good guide.

IEDs are funny. Unless you get ambushed while holding the mobile phone.
I'll try to keep posting some tips on the article, I definitely didnt cover everything yet. To counter the problem of getting shot with the phone in your hands, You can either trap the building you're in (if you got no friendlies running around), or run faster from bullets. lol. Last nite I managed to bait a marksman and a m203 kit across the highway road, I had an IED set up on the road. Was hiding behind stattic yelling at them some commands, they finally took the bait and started chasing me. Kaboom, both their bodies came at my feet. lol
Last edited by JohnnyTheIED; 2009-05-14 at 14:09..

Tags
art, ied, johnnytheied