project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
09 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2005-02-07, 04:33   #11
snipurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwolf
Which is going to be very VERY cool , specially for those players amongst us who like to do some sniping (including me )
amen to that brother
snipurs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-07, 06:31   #12
Private-Hudson

Perhaps some sort of training map for beginners would be nice, so people can get used to drop and such?
Private-Hudson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-07, 08:06   #13
Archangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private-Hudson
Perhaps some sort of training map for beginners would be nice, so people can get used to drop and such?
if you're talking about a training map for this mod, i highly doubt many ppl will use it. Most will go with the idea that that you will improve faster online with others trying to kill them.
Archangel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-07, 17:24   #14
CHIKEN

But a map with lots of destroyable i dunno... boxes away from teh start would prove very usefull for tracking exactly where the bullets go. I sure as hell would use it if there was bullet drop.

And it not hard to build
CHIKEN is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-07, 23:51   #15
solodude23

I like how it is in America's Army. Especially since in an upcoming release with vehicles. It will make it so no ordinary noob can see a Helicopter, say, "OOOOOoooo, cool," and jump right in, hogging it even though it has 7 seats, and then crashing in the nearest building.

But for now, you can't snipe unless you have gone through the Advanced Marksman ship course, you can't be a Medic unless you went through combat medic school, and you cant use a custom M4A1 or play SF Exclusive unless you went through Special Forces training.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-08, 00:46   #16
snipurs

i aced all of them solo ^^ i can get the sniper award in 1 day(shows i have no life) thats cause i like sniping and i am going to the rifle range this week with my new rifle with scope from chrismas yay. um well AA is fun but it got kinda boring i might start playing it again i dont know
snipurs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-08, 02:33   #17
solodude23

I will play it once vehicles are in. And yeah, sniping on that training was easy. I didn't miss one target....
Old 2005-02-08, 02:45   #18
CHIKEN

Wow you should get a virtual medal

I fail to understand how they are going to fit any sort of vehicles into AA. All the maps are ...haha i was just about to say small. I have not played that game in a looong while...seriously atleast.

Bringing realistic vehicles is very hard when you get infantry ballanced up against eachother. After they are added it starts getting very complicated to get it realistic and playable at the same time.

Only vehicle i can thnk of that could be added to AA is a jeep...and most of the time the only vehicle that can be added to any infantry sim without messing it up. A helicopter shoots miles from the target...So you will need a map atleast 10 miles wide as the helicopter need to actually fly somehwere for it to be of any use...otherwise they mite as well have used a £1k mortar isntead of a multi million pound helicopter
Old 2005-02-08, 02:48   #19
solodude23

Well, we don't use jeeps anymore.

Anyway, I expect alot of larger scale maps to come along with it. Quite a few maps could already have Humvees or Strykers, but nothing bigger. They wont be very huge maps, but I suspect large enough.
Old 2005-02-08, 03:00   #20
CHIKEN

Yeah, thats true.

Come to think of it...how large is el_almein in bf1942? about a mile? That maps huge.

I dont think its possible to have a completely realistic helicopter in a game with infantry as well. The maps will just be sooo large infantrymen would be pointless without their own personal jeep transport....or humvee whatever :0

Tags
physics, realistic, weapons