project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-09-18, 21:33   #11
TmanEd
Default Re: Assault Rifle recoil feels too soft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human_001 View Post
No no you misunderstood me.

What I meant by uncontrollable recoil is kind of recoil which disturbs gun enough to make it impossible to land 3 shot burst bullets on man-size target at distance of 50 meter. That is my definition of uncontrollable.

And AK47 has that kind of performance due to no Muzzle brake and slanted Shoulder stock which makes muzzle jump really bad.

Its not so much about which round gun uses, but more about how the gun was designed.

AKM, the modernized AK47 that uses same 7.62X39mm round don't have this "uncontrollable" problem because it has Muzzle brake and straight Shoulder stock which will prevent muzzle from going upward. Instead, all of that upward energy is transfered straight into users shoulder. Which will hurt users shoulder more but it prevents muzzle from kicking up. And it keeps iron sight on target shot after shot.
No, it would be easily possible to land a 3rnd burst on a man sized target. Maybe sort of hard, but certainly not impossible. The only things they changed for the modernized version was the muzzle brake, increased reliability, and made it more suited to mass-production. The stock is still the same.

AK-47

AKM

Old 2009-09-19, 01:16   #12
Truism

Fuck me, that proof of concept was exactly what I was trying to do for a week last year -_-
Old 2009-09-19, 18:23   #13
Cassius
Supporting Member

Modern firearms have a lot of technology that eliminates recoil. Ive held garden hoses which have more recoil than the german light machine gun. I dont know about American firearms, but Iam sure the AR15 and replacements for the m60 are lighyears ahead of the fail that the first models introduced to the troops were.

But yes, maybe the AK 47 does not have enough recoil
Old 2009-09-21, 12:06   #14
RHYS4190

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmanEd View Post
[Insert standard "AK's do not kick like mules" line here.]

G3 point's to the sky after the third shot, and break your shoulder after the fourth.
No the recoil on the G3 is so bad it makes the gun point to the sky on the third shot then fly out of your hand and brain the guy standing behind you.
Old 2009-09-21, 12:10   #15
RHYS4190

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Chuc View Post
Basically the biggest difference is the fact that the camera violently shakes in the first 3 frames on firing, of which it then snaps back to neutral. That addition plus code-based recoil (which is where the weapon snaps up and coils down) creates the effect you see in the video.
It looks really good.
Old 2009-09-27, 22:35   #16
WHPRaveman

Nope recoils are cool. I like the looks of the proof of concept too.
Old 2009-10-22, 04:58   #17
eruffini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
Modern firearms have a lot of technology that eliminates recoil. Ive held garden hoses which have more recoil than the german light machine gun. I dont know about American firearms, but Iam sure the AR15 and replacements for the m60 are lighyears ahead of the fail that the first models introduced to the troops were.

But yes, maybe the AK 47 does not have enough recoil
In real life with the M4 on Burst you can land all 3 rounds on target at 50 meters, easily.

Although realistically you won't be using burst, but rather Semi and firing in controlled pairs.
Old 2009-10-22, 08:10   #18
Nick_Gunar

As far as I am concerned, I have a lot of problems with the recoil in automatic mod when standing. I usually lost direct unavoidable face to face contact because of the heavy recoil and the deviation (even when holding my mouse). The guy is just in front of me, I am standing and shooting (not to waste too much time) while he takes all the time he wants to prone and shoots me with 3 bullets (very BF2 Vanilla style).

You sure will say : "obviously, you have better accuracy when prone!". Yeah, but in reality do you think that soldiers prone just in front of the enemy? I tend to see more and more players who have those bad habits from Vanilla.
Old 2009-10-22, 12:45   #19
Nebsif
Supporting Member

About prone diving, till I got rid of that vBF2 prone dive reflex I had, I started getting pwned hard by other ppl going insta prone right after they saw me, so now Ive gotta be like them to survive. Seems like despite patch 1.5 prone deviation thingie, prone diving is still very efficient in CQB, hope it will be fixz0rd in PR0.9.
Old 2009-10-22, 12:47   #20
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

In 0.9, it's completely useless. I learned the hard way when bots kicked my ass during testing.

Tags
assault, feels, recoil, rifle, soft