project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-10-07, 14:07   #11
HellDuke

Default Re: Medic School

Meic CPR is used to unstuck bodies. Sometimes you can't revive them though they are not dead dead.

As for the guide. There are good pointers that I always find myself reminding to the squad medic (like: "Why is our medic in the front?"). However you hhave to get the feel who to revive first and how to organise the reviving. It all has to do with kits, wether you spawned with them and the situation. You just need to learn to judge the situation and understand what use which kit will be.

For egzample if you are greatly outnumbered and there's just you and SL you will probably want to be quick on patching up the AR guy as much as you can before going for the HAT. What I'm saying there ARE exceptions to the basic rules.

PS: Never been told that I'm a bad medic so no comments like: "I hope I never get you as medic" :P
HellDuke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 08:08   #12
Nick_Gunar

Very good guide.

Indeed, a lot of players don"t quite understand the job of the medic especially the part of healing. As a medic, I try to find the safest position and wait for the wounded to come to me and not the opposite. I hate wounded players who stay in a hot zone and wait for the medic. After that they trash you in the chat because you didn't do your job lol.

Medic is no kamikaze at all.
Nick_Gunar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 08:53   #13
Indian_Clay

Good guide.

I play medic a majority of the time and this is pretty much the same stuff I do. So you receive my medic seal of approval...

When in combat my priorties are (in order):

1. To keep myself alive.
Because a medic can only be good if he is alive.

2. To revive.
I typically will revive a player before I heal a wounded one. While it is harder to fight when the screen flashes red, you still have more guns to shoot the enemies with.

3. To heal.
Heal sqaud mates who have the lowest health first. When plays call for a medic after falling can wait. Fall damage typically doesn't lead to full bleeding out while bullets do.

4. To protect other squad mates, alive or wounded.
Just because I play medic doesn't make me completely combat ineffective. When our squad holds a position, I tpyically watch the back door or add my gun to supress an enemy if need-be. But the moment someone calls for a medic, I move to their position and try to heal them.

So here are a few things that sqaud mates should know when working with a medic:

1. Use the commo rose to call for a medic along with a "I need a medic" over the mic. That shows on the map where exactly they are. When someone only says over a mic "I need a medic" without using the commo rose "Need Medic" button, it really makes it difficult to find them.

2. Once revived, listen exactly what the medic is telling you. If the medic says "follow me" then follow. If the medic says "run inside the building" then run inside the building.

3. Once revived, don't look at the medic unless instructed. Otherwise, look at alley way or down the street or push a post on a door way or anywhere you think the enemy will come from. You can still fire while being healed.

4. If you are not a medic and a team mate is being revived or heal, cover the medic and the wounded squadmate.

Playing medic is great fun. I tpyically end a game with a positive k/d ratio (because you are playing defensively), you end up with a lot of points, and your squadmates love you. Really makes the PR expirence rewarding.
Indian_Clay is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 21:41   #14
major sharpe

its some times good practice when holding an area compound/building to find a nice coverd area and declare that a hospital of sorts in stead of moving into danger areas healing some guy when he is capable of falling back to your hospital,
depending on how many medics are on call in the area. if two, one in area, one on the line with the troops
major sharpe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 10:18   #15
Nick_Gunar

Quote:
Originally Posted by major sharpe View Post
its some times good practice when holding an area compound/building to find a nice coverd area and declare that a hospital of sorts in stead of moving into danger areas healing some guy when he is capable of falling back to your hospital,
depending on how many medics are on call in the area. if two, one in area, one on the line with the troops
Can't agree more.

The medic sets a perimeter of safety where players will fall back and get healed. Nonetheless, a lot of players under fire in a hot zone keep firing even if they are wounded (they don't fall back at all to get healed and to go back into the fight) and usually they die and there is no way you can revive them (you smoke? when you have LMG the first thing you fire at is smoke rofl).

Players should learn the hit-and-run tactic and not staying still like idiots and being shot down.
Nick_Gunar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 13:20   #16
Proceed

One little thing to add:
when a solider is revived, it sometimes happens that there is no cover around, and you first need to move some meters in to cover, to start healing safley - in this situation, the medic should tell the dircetion they will move, something like "move NW" or "move 285" . When I get revived, sometimes everything is gray because im in the "pre death stadium", if there is additional smoke around i cant follow the medic when he just calls out "follow me" but i always see the compass so i can follow the numbers ...

Just my 2 cents .

cheers
Proceed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 16:38   #17
Herbiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
What does the medic's CPR thing do? I've never gotten it to work...
Unsticks people + increases the chance the epipen will work.#

Edit:
With a Vehicle such as a humvee/apc nearby, yell at whoever needs healing (especially if there is more than 1) to get in the humvee/APC and get in yourself. You're nice and armoured and healing.
Herbiie is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
medic, school