project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2010-02-07, 15:16   #11
quaazi
Default Re: [0909] Memory allocation error

Got the same thing, with everything on low/off. Not a lot of video RAM, but still.

Ah this happened DURING gameplay, had just played for 10 minutes with occasional spikes of low FPS (as little as 8 at times), but otherwise solid 50 or so.
quaazi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 16:26   #12
ebevan91

This happens to me too EVERYTIME when loading a multiplayer game. Haven't gotten to play at all yet.

Singleplayer works but when I try to leave the game I CTD.
ebevan91 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 17:54   #13
Donatello

medium textures works fine, but they are ugly )
Donatello is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 18:25   #14
achillez

Same problem - running 32-bit Windows with 4GB memory. I crash ~80% of the time.
achillez is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 18:39   #15
WilsonPL

I had the same problem and reinstall fixed it. [Amd x2 4800+ geforce 8600gts, 2gb of ram, WINXP]

i fully uninstalled bf2 and PR,
deleted all folders left
cleaned registry [jv16 powertools, ccleaner]

then:

Installed BF2, 1.41, 1.50, PR, restarted computer
Updated PB with pbsetup => pbsetup tool
WilsonPL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 23:25   #16
Deconer

Video MEDIUM settings do not always help
Deconer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 00:02   #17
boilerrat

Same error when loading almost any map... I can't play.

windows vista 32bit home edition
9500gt nvidia 512mb
intel 1.8ghz dual core CPU
boilerrat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 09:18   #18
iAstralPr0jekt

The first few hours of playing 0.9 I was getting this error as well, or at least one very similar. it wasnt any particular map from what I remember.

It was a memory error with a code on the end like that and only occured when running 0.9. I turned my settings first down to medium than low getting the same problem.

Anyhow, I lowered my settings to be able to play but it seems to have messed up my memory. I've ran all sorts of tests on my system and found registry errors and did a complete scan of my computer and repaired all my errors and what not but now I'm finding that my memory is getting errors and completely locking up my comp. I typically have about 5-10mins of web use now before the lock freezes and i have to force a hard shutdown of my PC.

This also happens when I'm gaming but for some strange reason it takes much much longer now, sometimes up to 10 hours, but not always.
Although that wasn't initially the case. I'd say that that fixed after a full reinstall 2 times of BF2 and PR. Initially my game would completely lock up my PC about 10-15 mins into the game. Id have to do a hard shutdown every time. ALT+F4 doesnt work, ALT/CTRL/DEL didnt work. Anyhow My PC's memory is now broken, being that I cannot rely on it completely to run when needed.
I'm sure I cannot confirm that 0.9 was the issue but the timing is too in sync and the problems seemed to have initiated from it.

I run Win XP 32
I have 2 GB of Kingston Hyper X (has ran completely reliable now for about 2 years)
Also have a Nvidia9800GTX+ OC.

I ran 0.87 at med to high settings and it ran greeeat!.

I had to do a full restore which in turn somehow damaged all of my video files and I'm left with only audio. This includes my countless hours of Battle Recorder footage I have been collecting for a long time now to use with my videos that I have finally started working on.

If you think I don't know what I'm talking about with how to fix errors and issues in regards to Pr think again. I understand the issues regarding improper resolutions, firewalls, spyware, and the rest. I have a good knowledge on how comps work, how to test them, how to repair them and all that. I do not OC my PC, just what comes out of the box. I have been using this hardware in my PC now for about 2 years completely reliably and without fault.

anyhow. heed the warning. It does work for me, and I do play daily however with huge consequence.
iAstralPr0jekt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 14:20   #19
Hyperion

Got this error too, after playing a singleplayer map. I have 2GB RAM and 512MB video memory. When I exit PR windows plays the "crash" sound.
Hyperion is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 00:27   #20
Republic_Commando

Thank you I'm just experiencing this after updating to .917
Republic_Commando is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
0909, allocation, error, loading, memory