project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2010-02-11, 00:44   #11
sylent/shooter
Default Re: Russia vs. China

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegrs View Post
To everyone saying that Russia vs china would be unrealistic, look at this"
Sino-Soviet border conflict - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Didn't you ever learn not to trust Wikipedia? just saying but get some proof from a reliable source please. If i wanted I could click that link, and change the whole entire thing and making it sound like. "China attacked Russia because it was jealous of it's windmill and cheese factories" XD
sylent/shooter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 00:51   #12
Sidewinder Zulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Masaq View Post
(It's unlikely you'll ever seen a USMC vs US Army map, for example).
Actually, that would be awesome.

Second American Civil War? Military Coup?

But in all seriousness, an IDF vs. MEC map would be cool, and it would make a lot of sense, the MEC being a Coalition of Arab nations, and the Israelis being their de-fact enemy, of course.
Sidewinder Zulu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 01:29   #13
Shaihuluid

It makes much more sense than the UK fighting China....

IMO the Chinese forces have kinda started to lag behind in compare to the other PR factions, just because nothing really cool has happened with them. Sure, the jungle combat is neat, but there's really nothing else happening.
Shaihuluid is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 01:43   #14
Anhkhoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent/shooter View Post
Didn't you ever learn not to trust Wikipedia? just saying but get some proof from a reliable source please. If i wanted I could click that link, and change the whole entire thing and making it sound like. "China attacked Russia because it was jealous of it's windmill and cheese factories" XD
/facepalm.

It's not the subjects that turn out wrong, its the information in them.
Anhkhoa is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 03:27   #15
Cassius
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaihuluid View Post
Korean War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unlike the redneck "we no.1 f the rest I do not even own a passport" attitude of the less intelligent Americans the American goverment has always been very apt to maintain good relations with a host of nations and did not enter a war without some support from its allied nations since the American civil war.
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 05:06   #16
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaihuluid View Post

IMO the Chinese forces have kinda started to lag behind in compare to the other PR factions, just because nothing really cool has happened with them. Sure, the jungle combat is neat, but there's really nothing else happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
Korean War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unlike the redneck "we no.1 f the rest I do not even own a passport" attitude of the less intelligent Americans the American goverment has always been very apt to maintain good relations with a host of nations and did not enter a war without some support from its allied nations since the American civil war.
Yep, not to mention that if there was a major conflict between the USA and China like we have ingame, Britain and many other NATO countries, + god knows how many others would be pulled directly into it since it would effect everyone.

We only stayed out of Vietnam by the skin of our teeth and that was an insurgency and not a full blown conflict like we have ingame.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 06:36   #17
rangedReCon

Well the former USSR and China certainly didn't have good relations since the Sino-Soviet Split. I mean the Soviet Union placed more troops along its border with China then it did in Eastern Europe (44 divisions on the Chinese border to 31 divisions in Europe).

But of course currently they both are on good terms. With the treaty of good-neighborliness and friendly cooperation...IIRC and an oil pipeline among other things. But honestly who really cares as long as we get more awesome maps to play on
rangedReCon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 06:43   #18
ma21212
Supporting Member

Quote:
ummm.... that DEFINITLY happend, many ppl say "OHHH WIKI IS FULL OF BS" but inreality most of the time its correct, a few minor things might be wrong but thats it. These border conflicts were one of the many things that split the Soviets and the Chinese apart (adding to them, Nixon visited China, the Soviets didnt give alot of nuke secrets to the chinese etc etc.)

ma21212 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 08:22   #19
RedSparrow
Supporting Member

Quote:
Wikipedia is good, but you always need to check on the sourcing and cross-reference it.

It's not all bad. Sometimes it's a powerful tool for finding articles etc relating to the subject matter.

[16:44] CareBear: c[_]
[16:44] CareBear: my care cup is empty
RedSparrow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 08:35   #20
ludwag

Russia and china are buddies.
ludwag is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
china, russia