project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2010-02-22, 14:28   #11
AnimalMother.
Supporting Member

Default Re: What do you think of clans?

having been in both situations it's more about your personal outlook, if you are a team orientated player, who's willing to help the team and be mature about it then it doesn't matter if you have some extra letters/numbers before your name.

i almost always team up with Rudd ingame, neither of us wear tags (well i do, but its a gimmick) but they'd be nothing stopping us slapping tags on, it wouldn't change anything (well rudd might make more awkward comments )

end of the day it's the individual

ex |TG-31st|
AnimalMotherUK - YouTube
vistamaster01: "I just dont get people with girl usernames/pics/sigs lol,
for example I thought AnimalMother was a girl "

Arte et Marte
AnimalMother. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 14:48   #12
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal.Mother View Post
(well rudd might make more awkward comments )
Darling I so wouldn't!!!

DAMIT!

clans are only as team orientated as the players in them, as Animal said. I know some great clans, I know some bloody aweful clans.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 15:48   #13
LudacrisKill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regan View Post
LudacrisKill - You say: "Public players are usually made up of 80% idiots." Well, can I point out that I have had better games with public players then I have with clan members! Alot of public players are more mature because you will find they have other commitments - Like one poster said: "work, wife, etc." So don't try to make out that that it's only the public players who are idiots because it's just not true.
Well that's exactly my point...I didn't say all.

And I didn't make out that just the public players are idiots. However generally clans usually are better orientated than public squads.
LudacrisKill is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 17:46   #14
KasperX

Like others have already said, it all depends on the clan.

I like gaming with my clan b/c we're very well organized and we all know each others tendencies and roles without having to constantly update SM's via VOIP. Communication is kept light so that only valuable info is transmitted to the rest of the squad(s).

If S6! locks our squad, it's usually b/c we have enough clan mbrs to make an entire squad. If there are less the 6 players in there, we're probably waiting for a few mbr's to load the map and join in on the action.

If we do not have enough clan mbrs to fill up a squad, it's unlocked and available for anyone to join. You don't have to be a part of our clan to play with us. Squad up, follow orders, work with the team and above all HAVE FUN!

Kasp
KasperX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 18:00   #15
Jigsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Thermis View Post
I love my clan, if I didn't I would probably not spend the time and effort to keep it around.
Ditto.

Clans can be just as good or bad as the average public player, there really is little difference only that clan squads are easier to run/motivate and find it easier to achieve their objectives as they usually work well together and play together regularly as well. For instance on a very regular basis I will give an order/suggestion over TS and one or other of my clan mates will have already thought the same thing or will be doing what I was about to ask.

I always squad lead for my clan (I like ordering them nubs around and I don't like special kits) and I consistently feel that we are able to achieve our objectives, with the odd epic failure along the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Thermis View Post
Now I will be the first to admit that most people in my clan have a fairly elitist mentality, but we try to keep that to ourselves.
Its only 'cause its true!!!!!

Seriously I know some extremely good clans and some absolutely bloody awful ones, it all depends on the people in them.
Jigsaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 23:45   #16
Wh33lman

my philosophy on clans, and why i have no intention of joining another one.

when observing a clan from the outside, it looks perfect. everyone works together, uses tactics, communicates, everything a good PR player is looking for. so, you join, and you start at the bottom of the food chain, but you put up with it because you know things will get better as you progress(in the case of most PR related clans, this means promotions to higher ranks and with that, bragging rights). but then you realize somthing. you start to see internal divisions, lines are drawn between members. pretty soon your caught up in this, and you dont play the game anymore. you only hang out with the members of you "clicke", you dont play with anybody else, in your clan or otherwise. the squads are always locked to avoid "noob" players. clans seem to think that pubbers are idiots. it ruins the game for you, it doesnt turn out the way you expect, and your disapointed in the end.

then theres the clan run server(s). theres always a bias. clan members and admins can do whatever the hell they want with no fear of reprecussions. an example of this was i was in a server at the start of a round, everybody was running around grabbing kits and vehicals. i saw a kit labeled HAT, and went and picked it up, expecting to find a hat that someone accidently requested. i ended up with a sniper kit, and decided rather then let it go to waste and have it unavailable for whatever lenght of time that it was. i turned around, took 2 steps and was forceably killed by an admin who wanted it. had someone said, "hey, thats my kit", i would have apologized and returned it, but they decided it was just quicker and easier to kill me and take the kit.

for the most part im willing to play with clans, but i dont really want to join them. you dont need clans to have a good time, ive played in several squads with 5 people ive never met before and we've kicked serious a$$.
Wh33lman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 02:04   #17
McBumLuv

Well, I've seen many games where we've been accused of team stacking with even just one DM squad on a team, but it only works if a clan is able to work both with themselves and with a team, and vice versa for the team.

Best case:

Clans working in squads with other pubs/clans and getting combined arms instances with several different instance of mechanized infantry and CAS.

Worst case:

Getting banned from servers with Mechanized infantry squads because the admin (HOG) squad had already lost most of the APCs.
McBumLuv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 02:20   #18
rushn
Supporting Member

I think clans are generally good and bring more teamwork but require commitment
rushn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 02:34   #19
stealth420

HARDCORE CLAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

H

H

H

!!!!

User warned for not adding anything to the discussion.
Last edited by Thermis; 2010-02-23 at 04:16..
Old 2010-02-23, 06:51   #20
AgentMongoose

I wouldn't go so far to say "80% of pubs are retarded".
But I will say it seems to me the average pub is a little short sighted.
I have lost track of the times i've had to explain to a puber why we Arent going to charge right up the middle.

In chess terms some seem to only be able to think about the current move or 1 move ahead. But that also aplies to some clan players.
AgentMongoose is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
clans