project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2010-04-11, 08:40   #11
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member
Default Re: Infantry Anti-Air (SA7 etc)

I often go AA, last time on Muttrah I got two heli's after sitting in it for about 30mins.
Even if you don't shoot them down they get very put off by AA locks and almost pilots will stay away - so even if you're not shooting them down you're still helping your team.
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 22:19   #12
Astromici

Something in this thread got my attention? Proximity damage. How about we make it so that AAs' cause an explosive damage, so near hits will hurt troops the the chopper, and maybe make the pilot's screen flash read to scare them and let them know there is minor damage?
Astromici is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 22:54   #13
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I find the most effective positions to destroy helis is when you are directly underneath or when the heli is heading away from you

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 08:19   #14
Kaurava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromici View Post
Something in this thread got my attention? Proximity damage. How about we make it so that AAs' cause an explosive damage, so near hits will hurt troops the the chopper, and maybe make the pilot's screen flash read to scare them and let them know there is minor damage?
That would be great, considering that many AA missiles aren't meant to hit the target directly but explode next to it to cause damage.
Kaurava is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 09:14   #15
MaxBooZe

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Rudd View Post
I find the most effective positions to destroy helis is when you are directly underneath or when the heli is heading away from you
This. And make sure you fire the missle as soon as you get the tone and before the pilot dropped its flares. Dont do the "I wait for the 1st flares to go away" thing, doesn't work the heli will be long gone by then..
MaxBooZe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 20:40   #16
richyrich55

When I'm using the AA kit, I try to move the reticule around so that the lock doesn't stick to the flares and sticks instead to the aricraft. I also wait a couple seconds before I fire (while locked on the aircraft) just to be sure I have a solid lock. If you're lucky, you'll get a dumbass pilot that continues to fly around the area you're in and dump all his flares and then he's left with nothing and you get an easy kill. If I remember correclty, I shot down a MiG with the AA kit once on Kashan. The missile may fly for some time before it hits the target (because, you know, jets fly fast) but you'll likely get the kill. If you don't, shoot the mofo again.
richyrich55 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
antiair, infantry, sa7