project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2010-06-08, 13:46   #11
Danger_6
Default Re: Cooperation between armor and Ground troops in reclusive enviroments

Very good guide makes sense. Infantry draw out and recce the enemy positions, tanks rip em up. The legal way of using cannon fodder :P
Danger_6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 15:40   #12
Hitman.2.5
Default Re: Cooperation between armor and Ground troops in reclusive enviroments

for this concept to work you need full cooperation from your teams witch to be honest doesn't happen much
Hitman.2.5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 15:50   #13
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman.2.5 View Post
for this concept to work you need full cooperation from your teams witch to be honest doesn't happen much
You only really need 1 infantry squad, maybe 2 if you can. Also, as with all situations in PR.... mumble ftw!

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 02:39   #14
Cassius
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman.2.5 View Post
If you dont become a regular on a server and dont play with other regulars who are willing to talk to you, then there is little point in playing PR imo. Pick a server become a regular there and make it awesome.
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 03:25   #15
xxkillerxx69

I do this almost every day with random people on tactical gamer. I did it yesterday on dragonfly I told the tank in mumble that we were moving up to take out the fob and asked if he could stick with us he did and we got the fob in less then 5 mins and took the flag. also use mumble if you want better cordination between armor and inf makes it 15x easier.
xxkillerxx69 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 18:27   #16
Dougalachi

that last "right" diagram has the path of the stryker passing very close to an insurgent mosque spawn, when you said that a good tactic was to avoid those places. Otherwise, informative for those who don't know how to correctly operate armored assets in support of infantry.
Dougalachi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 16:33   #17
Michael_Denmark

Good guide Cassius.

I like the simplicity its promoting.

Question

Do you think it would be possible to somehow incoparate the aor system, in a armor guide, with and without infantry and/or air units?
Michael_Denmark is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 16:07   #18
Cassius
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougalachi View Post
that last "right" diagram has the path of the stryker passing very close to an insurgent mosque spawn, when you said that a good tactic was to avoid those places. Otherwise, informative for those who don't know how to correctly operate armored assets in support of infantry.
I was more talking about spawned caches when I referred to Insurgents spawn, cus thats where they have their RPGs and ammo. Crossing an mosque insurgent spawn isnt such a big deal, because they usually use it only when their other spawns are unavaiable and dont set up ambushes around there either.
Old 2010-07-04, 21:09   #19
Cassius
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Denmark View Post
Good guide Cassius.

I like the simplicity its promoting.

Question

Do you think it would be possible to somehow incoparate the aor system, in a armor guide, with and without infantry and/or air units?
Hi, I just read through your AOR post.

Point one, First off its great stuff. Assigning safezones and attackzones makes for a great teamplay. But yes, while the CO shouls assign a general area to the squad, the details should be left to the squadleder.

Point 2 I think your system best works on a team level, rather than on a squad level. In real life it would be a very good system at a squad level, to divide squads all over the map, but in real life you can distribuite so many troops over an conflict zone, that you have so many that they are highly affective, but not so many, that they get into each others way. In PR you have 30 guys at any time, the no1 priority is to allocate your troops avaiable to an attack/defense. If your Flag is hardly under attack, then you want one squad defending and the rest of the team attacking for example.

With that being said, if AOR is used the way that the squads are still deployed where they are currently needed and not spread all over the map, then it is a good system, the system needs to be dynamic due to the limited ammount of troops on the map at the same time. If your flag is engaged by 3 squads you dont want to have one squad attacking one squad defending and the rest of the team spread over the map waiting for the enemy. Divide the maps in several AORs like you described in your guide, but I feel rather than having each squad sitting on their own AOR you need to allocate the squads to the AORs that are of interest, unless you dont know where the enemy is yet. AOR looks like a great system, as long as you can still realocate your squads as needed.

And finally, on to your question, if my tank tactics can be used with your AOR guide. Thats kind of like aking if a lat guide can be used with your AOR guide. Of course it can, yours is an tactical strategy guide, mine is a guide on how to use a particular asset, you can implement that asset in many different strategies. If a squad, or several squads are Assigned an AOR read what I wrote about defending movement and engagement.

The squad has to move to their particular AOR, look up what I wrote about a squad being on the move with the armor, the squad might have to hold a particular AOR shield zone, look up what I wrote about a squad defending a flag with armor support, it applies just the same to defending any section of the map. Look what I wrote about attacking a flag, if the squad needs to attack into a particular sword zone of an AOR, because there is a flag to take an FOB to eliminate of because there is simply a build up of enemy troops obstructing your advance to the next objective, again you can apply what I wrote about attacking with armor.
Old 2010-07-05, 21:33   #20
Michael_Denmark

Point 1. Thanks Cassius. My intention has been to make both the CO and the SL being able to decide on details. The SL (AOR Leader), is though meant as the primary decision-maker inside the assigned AOR zone.

Point 2. The system is still not fully developed, since it has only been used by my self in some few, 15-20 tournament battles/trainings, thus I am not sure whether it will work best on a team or a squad level? -although my guess is that it can work just as well on both levels.

With your deployed explanations, I will now read your great guide through again.

Also, I think its a sticky guide to be honest. Reason. So many SLs don't understand the fact that armor is a prime support factor. In the tournament, on my first T team, i also had to deny requests from SLs wanting to use their power up front and on my second T team, in a battle with NATO 2, I allowed a unit of two APCs to do it: go up front and furthermore also in behind a squad-sized+ enemy urban-defended area (Sunset City) that my team at that point had shot to pieces for around 20 minutes of firing or so.

It all went well, but I still remember I was nervous that they somehow should get blown up. They didn't, due to the fact we had the enemy area softened up through continuously shooting for around 20 minutes and due to the fact this APC squad had trained quite a lot using a very well thought out armor guide with a very dedicated armor trainer.

Luck is sometimes a factor, but should not be used as a regular dependency-tool.

I think your guide explain that fact, very well indeed.
Michael_Denmark is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
armor, cooperation, enviroments, ground, reclusive, troops