21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Highlights Highlights of what work the Devs are currently working on

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-13, 01:43   #11
Silly_Savage
Default Re: Close Support Bridges (CSB)

Excellent work!

I do have a question though. Are the locations where you can place the CSB predefined on every map? There's no option to place them where you want?
Old 2010-06-13, 01:47   #12
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Cheers guys

maa I forgot to make my FAQ post, humm will have to find a way to hack one in in a sec hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly_Savage View Post
Excellent work!

I do have a question though. Are the locations where you can place the CSB predefined on every map? There's no option to place them where you want?
Ye they will be, although we have yet to mark out the pre-defined locations on every map (a few maps will have no locations for CSBs as well) and the current locations on Al Basrah will most likley be redone as well since Al Basrah was our POC (Proof Of Concept) map for this idea and I rushly placed a few positions as we needed them hehe

Old 2010-06-13, 01:50   #13
Conman51

i can see many exploits coming out of this, like putting them over mine fields possibly, but besides that its very cool!!

good work
Old 2010-06-13, 01:50   #14
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman51 View Post
i can see many exploits coming out of this, like putting them over mine fields possibly, but besides that its very cool!!

good work
that's not possible if you read the post

Old 2010-06-13, 01:52   #15
dtacs
Supporting Member

Excellent job. Couple of questions:

Can the bridge be destroyed in the same manner as FOB/FOB assets with an incendiary grenade, or repeated armor piercing/HEAT fire?

Theoretically if a firebase is within 150m of the bridge, can I deploy TOWs or HMGs on top of the bridge?

If someone is near it, can you be killed by the bridge being deployed, similarly to what happens with the current FOBs?

Can the dirt piles be destroyed by an ArtyIED or the like?

Whats stopping Insurgents by placing mines just in front of the dirt pile such as below:

If the spontaneity and random placement of bridge buildings is removed by the dirt piles, does that not defeat the purpose if they can still be booby trapped?
Old 2010-06-13, 01:52   #16
Peeta
Supporting Member

CSBDEPLOY squads shall now be my new found habit. Is there a limit to how many segments may be deployed out of one truck even with RTB'ing? Apologies if I missed this in the text.

Panem Today,
Panem Tomorrow,
Panem Forever.
Old 2010-06-13, 02:01   #17
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
CSBDEPLOY squads shall now be my new found habit. Is there a limit to how many segments may be deployed out of one truck even with RTB'ing? Apologies if I missed this in the text.
One segment before RTBing, so a good idea may be to take more than one supply truck. Unfortunately CSB squads may take more than one leaving the rest of the team without supplies for FOBs, so adding more trucks might be a good idea.
Old 2010-06-13, 02:07   #18
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

hehe a lot of questions there

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Excellent job. Couple of questions:

Can the bridge be destroyed in the same manner as FOB/FOB assets with an incendiary grenade, or repeated armor piercing/HEAT fire?
No the CSBs can not be destroyed by Incendiary grenades, but they should be deployable by a few MBT SABOT/HEAT shells but I have not tested how many. Basically they use the same materials as a normal destroyable bridge dose so w/e destroys them can destroy this

Quote:
Theoretically if a firebase is within 150m of the bridge, can I deploy TOWs or HMGs on top of the bridge?
Yes, but it wouldn't be a good idea since the crossing is more valuable than the emplacement location I would have thought.

Quote:
If someone is near it, can you be killed by the bridge being deployed, similarly to what happens with the current FOBs?
I can't say I've tested that but I do not think so no. You will defiantly not get the same "being crushed" effect you do with a normal deployable and I think the most you will get is a guy with a bridge though his rib cage, but if he goes prone he can get out of it kinda thing hehe.

Quote:
Can the dirt piles be destroyed by an ArtyIED or the like?
No, the dirt supports are indestructible

Quote:
Whats stopping Insurgents by placing mines just in front of the dirt pile such as below:
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/6709/minescopy.jpg
Nothing, they are also new IED hot spots, pre-determining where a bridge might be deployed, before its deployed could lead to getting a tank in the river if you let them build it and wait for them to use it

Quote:
If the spontaneity and random placement of bridge buildings is removed by the dirt piles, does that not defeat the purpose if they can still be booby trapped?
I'm not 100% sure what you mean there, can you rephrase the question?

But the idea behind this is not excatly to make it impossible for IEDs to booby trap them or anything like that, the main thing from this is to be able to attack the enemy from an unexpected angle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
Is there a limit to how many segments may be deployed out of one truck even with RTB'ing? Apologies if I missed this in the text.
no there is no limit other than how many pre-defined CSB locations there are on the map.

Old 2010-06-13, 02:15   #19
dtacs
Supporting Member

Thanks for answering them

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
I'm not 100% sure what you mean there, can you rephrase the question?
These are made to avoid the current destroyed/booby trapped bridges right? But what is the point of the Insurgents already KNOW where the bridges can be placed? Can't the whole length of the river be one big dirt pile?
Old 2010-06-13, 02:20   #20
jaspercat444

Quote:
Thanks for answering them

These are made to avoid the current destroyed/booby trapped bridges right? But what is the point of the Insurgents already KNOW where the bridges can be placed? Can't the whole length of the river be one big dirt pile?
I'm thinking they're more like emplacements to replace the normal bridges if they're destroyed, rather than ways to avoid IEDs and the like.
Closed Thread

Tags
bridges, close, csb, support