project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-21, 01:25   #11
anglomanii
Default Re: First and second person weapon orientation animation.

i think i may not have explained my point sufficently, what i was trying to improve is the player immersion element in game.
if two soldiers (a couple of meters apart) turn toward each other, possibly to communicate or share the lattest gossip from the barracks . how then do they hold their weapons?, what do you do with a firearm when talking to someone? i would say these two soldiers lets call them "rudy" and "tom", i would say they'ed not be pointing their rifles at each other. now if rudy spies "terry the taliban" sneaking up behind tom he'd more then likely raise his rifle and give terry a good pasting, tom might not be happy and be partially deaf, but he'd still be alive. he'd also be aware that rudy was aiming atsomething behind him if tom notised the large rifle pointing in his general direction.

look all i was tring to do is enhance the immersion factor for the player, not try and change game play or tweak friendly fire problems.
Old 2010-07-21, 05:17   #12
Operator009

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglomanii View Post
i think i may not have explained my point sufficently, what i was trying to improve is the player immersion element in game.
if two soldiers (a couple of meters apart) turn toward each other, possibly to communicate or share the lattest gossip from the barracks . how then do they hold their weapons?, what do you do with a firearm when talking to someone? i would say these two soldiers lets call them "rudy" and "tom", i would say they'ed not be pointing their rifles at each other. now if rudy spies "terry the taliban" sneaking up behind tom he'd more then likely raise his rifle and give terry a good pasting, tom might not be happy and be partially deaf, but he'd still be alive. he'd also be aware that rudy was aiming atsomething behind him if tom notised the large rifle pointing in his general direction.

look all i was tring to do is enhance the immersion factor for the player, not try and change game play or tweak friendly fire problems.
I feel like this decision would result in--indeed--increased immersion. But it also presents an element of potential abuse.

Plus, aint nothing shittier than having a friendly step into your line of sight to reset your deviation bcause your weapon moved.
Old 2010-07-21, 10:22   #13
Dev1200

Then wouldn't you be able to detect enemies because your friend will be looking more aggressive then passive?
Old 2010-07-21, 12:56   #14
Smegburt_funkledink

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglomanii View Post
if two soldiers (a couple of meters apart) turn toward each other, possibly to communicate or share the lattest gossip from the barracks . how then do they hold their weapons?, what do you do with a firearm when talking to someone? i would say these two soldiers lets call them "rudy" and "tom", i would say they'ed not be pointing their rifles at each other.
Have you played PR recently? Players don't point their weapons at each other unless they 'sight in' their weapons. This suggestion does nothing for the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev1200 View Post
Then wouldn't you be able to detect enemies because your friend will be looking more aggressive then passive?
Yeah. If there's some sort of automated stance depending on if you're looking at enemy or friendly, it's easily exploitable as others have pointed out.

This suggestion has no real merit.

[R-Div]Robbi "There's nothing more skanky than eating out of a tub of hummus with a screwdriver."
[R-DEV]Matrox "CHINAAAAAAA!!!"
Old 2010-07-22, 15:49   #15
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

Thread locked at OP's request.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Closed Thread

Tags
animation, orientation, person, weapon