project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2006-08-09, 19:19   #11
JellyBelly

As a sniper, I have a procedure I use when firing.

1) Locate an area of intrest and find a good position to fire from
2) Go prone and get into a position where I can fire from
3) Scan for targets or track targets for a few seconds. This is important, so as the rifle settles, improving accuracy.
4) Fire.

Remember, if you arent prone or are moving about alot, you decrease your accuracy.
Old 2006-08-09, 21:32   #12
-=OTR=-Lone_Rebel

I just feel that rather than have the player have to wait 5 seconds for the rifle to be accurate again for no immediately apparent reason, it would be better to perhaps keep the rifle accurate, but add in scope movement, especially when the player first enters the scope and has not steadied the rifle yet. this way, the bullets are hitting wherever the rifle is aimed, the player just has more trouble aiming. BF2's problem all along was that it traded recoil and scope drift for a decrease in accuracy. I love what you guys have done thus far, making the guns accurate as they should be, while adding recoil to counter it. I think this need to hold true to the sniper rifle also in terms of scope drift. Otherwise you're substituting much in the manner that BF2 did originally. You don't always have those 5 seconds to wait for your shot to actually be able hit its mark.
Old 2006-08-09, 21:37   #13
trogdor1289

The reason for that is *big surpise* coming

The BF2 engine will not allow it
Old 2006-08-09, 21:57   #14
-=OTR=-Lone_Rebel

Hmm...of course... I figured as much...
Old 2006-08-10, 15:26   #15
APoutwest

How can anyone deny how useless the rifles are these days. I routinely outshoot snipers. I dont think I've been shot by a sniper in two weeks. And I hold absolutely no fear of snipers anymore. And I absolutely never play as a sniper any more.

Something is wrong here.

I am still waiting for any media of someone who is actually effective at snipeing in PR.
Old 2006-08-10, 16:33   #16
Dandy

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmong
Dont forget about how ridiculous it is too have them holding the scope perfectly still, anyone who has used a rifle with a powerful scope knows how difficult it is to get an aimed shot at a small object when it wobbles around so much in a sidewards 8 shape, also moving the crosshairs around at things in your sight picture is difficult in real life even when leaning on something. my rifle does not have a tripod however so i wouldnt know about that sort of thing but my scope is 4-14x50.
its more difficult than pointing the middle of the sights and pulling the trigger, i think the "wait for 8 seconds while the m24 gets ready too shoot thing" kind of mimics the way you would be adjusting the scope for distance and focus and changing the elevation an windage for that range, although you dont need to zero the thing i think this is good enough.
`Exacly!!! The shot should hit were the Crosshair is aiming!!! And should move slightly so you have to parry for that. We have to take for grounted that the sniper ingame is well trained in fire technic so it want affect the shot.

BTW My scope is also 4-14 But mine is 4-14x56. I have an Harris BIPOD and its just great. Didn't know there were any good tripods?
Old 2006-08-10, 21:57   #17
mrmong
Banned

i cant fit a tripod on mine unless i mutilate it
Old 2006-08-10, 23:24   #18
Agent Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandy
`Exacly!!! The shot should hit were the Crosshair is aiming!!! And should move slightly so you have to parry for that. We have to take for grounted that the sniper ingame is well trained in fire technic so it want affect the shot.

BTW My scope is also 4-14 But mine is 4-14x56. I have an Harris BIPOD and its just great. Didn't know there were any good tripods?
wait a minute now i found a good tripod but it was made for a camera and it had 3 legs instead of 2
Old 2006-08-13, 10:55   #19
mrmong
Banned

ha BIPOd yeah same thing
Old 2006-08-13, 11:18   #20
luizinhuu

the sniper accuracy is great
remember of the bullet drop factor
if the target is very distant you have to shoot like 1m above his head

Tags
accuracy, rifle, sniper