project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2006-09-15, 15:06   #11
SiN|ScarFace

Just look at the thread armed linked to and memorize the actual aim point and it will hit every time.
Old 2006-09-18, 21:46   #12
xXx-Tricky-xXx

this probbaly been asked before or said, but why are snipers the only one who get range bonuses. Im running around with my m16 anti-sniping and I never get any bonuses. I take them out at very far ranges, and so Ill have like 20 kills killing snipers and be about 200 score while a sniper thats like 5-10 has 300-400 score because he shoots someone a few times the same distance im killing them. Just sort of annoys me.
Old 2006-09-18, 22:08   #13
PlayPR!

Wow, I completely forgot that the snipers get range bonuses for killing guys at long range... To bad the SVT and SPR can't hit anything very well...
Old 2006-09-18, 22:23   #14
SiN|ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayPRMM!
Wow, I completely forgot that the snipers get range bonuses for killing guys at long range... To bad the SVT and SPR can't hit anything very well...
did you even try to adjust your aim according to the thread that was posted?
Old 2006-09-19, 02:42   #15
ir0nside

In all honesty, I think that the sniper rifles are fairly decent right now - but I still think they should be improved as is planned. What I'm saying is that most in this thread are exaggerating, or are inherently poor at sniping. I've gotten first place with only a single kill before, using the SVD, due to hitting at an enormous range.

I have terrible problems with really low mouse DPI, however - my mouse can't make fine adjustments, and skips a few pixels when zoomed in really close. Makes it very, very hard to hit very small targets behind cover, such as an exposed head, or arm, or so forth.

I really need a Razer or G5... *sighs*
Old 2006-09-19, 02:51   #16
PlayPR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiN|ScarFace
did you even try to adjust your aim according to the thread that was posted?
Well uh, no... to bad I'm almost never a sniper.
Old 2006-09-19, 03:26   #17
xXx-Tricky-xXx

exactly, in a map just a while ago I got 120 points for 1 shot. I do better sniping with an m16 than a sniper rifle, if it had the same distance bonus kills, id be 1st place all the time.
Old 2006-09-19, 14:36   #18
SiN|ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayPRMM!
Well uh, no... to bad I'm almost never a sniper.
Mmmk. Well there are plenty of snipers who can shoot very well, all you gotta do is read that thread and presto, crackshot.
Old 2006-09-19, 15:14   #19
Orthas

Talking about reality, the rifles are all *very* accurate, even SVD is accurate to man sized target to about 600-700 metres and the only problem is poor quality of Russian ammo, while USA snipers are accurate to well over 1km. The problem is that in BF2 the shooting is totally still, if you get what I mean. Because IRL the inaccurate part is the shooter, not gun, so you should be making it so that the rifle shoots always where it's aimed, but the aim wouldn't be still, you know the scope wandering around (I'm sure there is a good word for that...). That kind of effect is used in many games, and it's where the skill of shooter really comes in, nobody being able to blame inaccurate rifle. Same goes for assault rifles, accurate to 200-300 metres. And if used this better method (which i can't recall a word for) the simulation of injuries, position (crouch/prone...) and the amount of "sprint bar" would be easier.
Old 2006-09-19, 17:17   #20
xXx-Tricky-xXx

ya thats been mentions quite a bit but since the dev's never really mentioned it I guess its not possible with the BF2 engine. Like it should either be like in Day of Defeat where it does sorta a figure 8 and its a big 8 while standing, medium 8 while crouched, and small 8 while prone but still it takes timing to hit something right. Or do how America's Army is where you shoot when you breath in like right after that or after you breath out.

Tags
accuracy, weapon