project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2011-05-20, 18:33   #11
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Map] Liberation (2km) [Concept]

Well, a BMP is basically a light/medium tank and I would look into giving the MEC some other APCs like the MT-LBs etc. Also for the rebels I would give them many more techies, epically more 50cal ones as I'm sure you have seen on TV, there entire force is basically made up of them. Would be also an idea to try and get someone to make a techie with an aircraft's rocket pod attached to it

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 19:01   #12
Reddeath

Putting your advice to use

Not sure how easy it will be to get a stadium but worst case scenario I can turn it into a better looking track field than the dirt one to the left of it.

The rocket pod does not look like it would be hard to model at all, I am sure someone could pick it up, but what would be the purpose? makeshift artillery? Wont be jets on a 2km map, and I don't recall reading of the Libyan Forces using Helicopter's nor do I believe they would get far with the UN's no-fly zone. Or some form of makeshift non-guided AT vs light vehicles?
Reddeath is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 19:02   #13
mockingbird0901
Supporting Member

That would be AWESOME!
I have been thinking about techys with AA guns on them....
But I think this is better...

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
-Albert Einstein
Volens et potens
Tema567 just might be my new hero
mockingbird0901 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 19:05   #14
mockingbird0901
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddeath View Post
The rocket pod does not look like it would be hard to model at all, I am sure someone could pick it up, but what would be the purpose? makeshift artillery? Wont be jets on a 2km map, and I don't recall reading of the Libyan Forces using Helicopter's nor do I believe they would get far with the UN's no-fly zone.
It looks like it is possible to lift it, so that you can shoot straight forward. Oh how funny that would be on a inf map like Lashkar or something

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
-Albert Einstein
Volens et potens
Tema567 just might be my new hero
mockingbird0901 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 19:46   #15
Tannhauser

Pretty sure they use em like makeshift katyushas.

Really interested in seeing maps representing the current conflicts (Lybia and Syria). Really good oportunity to see some unorthodox MEC vs Insurgency action.
Tannhauser is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 20:18   #16
Reddeath

Updated main post with a more recent concept map. Still more work to be done in the north.
Old 2011-05-20, 20:23   #17
pfhatoa

Regarding the name for the map, I vote for Benghazi as it will give your map an air of professionalism, especially as you follow the real Benghazi so closely (like almost Muttrah close).
pfhatoa is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 21:25   #18
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
looking really good (going off your latest one in your OP btw), take it your still have the Rebels main in the same spot?

Quote:
Not sure how easy it will be to get a stadium but worst case scenario I can turn it into a better looking track field than the dirt one to the left of it.
Ye that sounds like a plan, you could also do some make shift seating round too but would look a bit odd.

I would start to gather up a bunch of ref photos of the stadium if you can (or one very similar to it), work out the size it needs to be in your map and then post a new request topic in the Community Modding forums with a ref pack and the dimensions and other details on the stadium and see if anyone is up for making it, you never know you might get lucky

Quote:
The rocket pod does not look like it would be hard to model at all, I am sure someone could pick it up, but what would be the purpose? makeshift artillery?
Pretty good video here of one in action: Video: Libyan rebels wage war with homemade rocket launcher - Telegraph

Dose seem to be used as very basic arty, but you could also have the angle the player fires it at adjustable so you could fire it dead ahead basically?

As for modelling it, no need tbh, all that really needs to happen is lifting the rocket pod off of one of the many Russian aircraft we have that uses it. Best one would be the new Mi-8/17's rocket pod
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f19...elicopter.html

Then you would need to model a mount for it on the technical then whack it on the back much like I did with the SPG-9, code it, job done

Here are some different ones here if your interested but still think the aircraft rockets pod is best: Mad Max Reality: Video of Libya rebels firing rockets on desert frontline - Videos - MetaTube

This ones pretty funny

Quote:
Wont be jets on a 2km map, and I don't recall reading of the Libyan Forces using Helicopter's nor do I believe they would get far with the UN's no-fly zone. Or some form of makeshift non-guided AT vs light vehicles?
Ye I meant jets as in requestable JDAM/Airstrike. Also I do believe the Libyan forces where using choppers at least at some point and I remember hearing that the no-fly zone didn't affect the use of choppers, but still probably best not to have them on this map.

Not sure I understand what you mean by "Or some form of makeshift non-guided AT vs light vehicles?"?

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 21:39   #19
Reddeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
take it your still have the Rebels main in the same spot?
I actually made the compound to scale with the satellite photos and am debating on where to put it as that position is near the center of the city and its hard to work control points in right next to a main base.

Quote:
Ye I meant jets as in requestable JDAM/Airstrike.
I was referring to the point of having rocket pod techies

Quote:
Not sure I understand what you mean by "Or some form of makeshift non-guided AT vs light vehicles?"?
Shooting them at supply trucks, jeeps.

I wish I knew how to model, there are quite a few unique buildings in this city that I would like to have.

also, that video. I would love for the rocket pod techie to have dented up sides, maybe even one part ripped off

I am thinking the rebel main would be best fitted just northeast of where I originally had it. Just one street back, teams would be starting on opposite ends of the map.

I am also tryin to figure out what I would be able to do with the docks, the docks are huge, and there are many of them, but with the main dock being only accessible by swimming and just off the MECs main I feel like it wont get much playtime and as I said I want all of the map to be utilized.
Old 2011-05-20, 22:10   #20
Shovel
Supporting Member

Looks good. I think Militia should be used as the rebels, because the have some tanks, but mostly technicals.

Shovel009
Shovel is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2km, benghazi, concept, liberation, map, wip