project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Dutch Forces
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Dutch Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Dutch Forces faction.

Old 2010-06-23, 07:01   #201
boilerrat
Default Re: [TASK] Dutch Voices

Sounds pretty cool.... quite excited for a new faction.
Old 2010-06-23, 08:50   #202
KingLorre

I especialy lolled at the:

DOORLOPEN JONGUE! Some how that seemed to me as a New kid reference even tho it wasnt intended as one Haha.
Old 2010-06-23, 09:13   #203
cyberzomby

I hope they wont use that in the final sets tho... I agree. Feels to much like new kids on the block and not something you'd shout at someone under fire

The rest of the voices sound cool btw! Altough the quality seems to be different between the individual ones. Some of them sound like they are in a room, the others sound neutral. The voice itself is perfect for a dutch soldier. Seems to be taken right out of a series like Patrick in Uruzgan
Old 2010-06-23, 09:33   #204
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

It takes a lot of effort to make these files, what he says doesnt bother me that much, if Endymion wants to change some im fine with that, if its just a few files its doable for me to rename the files properly and to convert them.

remember that different people have their own way of saying things, if i would do them you have someone with a very heavy amsterdam accent saying "Doorlopen ouwe!" and that could annoy other people aswell.

Old 2010-06-23, 10:40   #205
KingLorre

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Glimmerman View Post
remember that different people have their own way of saying things, if i would do them you have someone with a very heavy amsterdam accent saying "Doorlopen ouwe!" and that could annoy other people aswell.
Could it not be "Kom op doorlopen!" its more or less accent neutral as you dont have a man, ouwe, jongen, gast, gozer to use?
Old 2010-06-23, 10:55   #206
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

might be a solution, but then again, were talking about "walk on", what if you are flying or driving?

Old 2010-06-23, 11:58   #207
Wakain

really weird to hear dutch in bf2
I like the informal way of speech, sounds like a couple of guys in rotterdam drinking beer under fire
furthermore I like the emotion in the first set of speeches(squadmember?), the squadleader(second set of speeches) sounds a little dry and dull though, as if he's reading his text from paper.

only text that bothered me was:
ik heb een lift nodig(I need a pick up), I think it doens't really fit. this text is spoken qickly but in a calm sort of way, like asking someone you know very well to pass you the pepper or buy the next round.

excellent job so far though, and the dutch accent roger is just plain awesome!
Old 2010-06-23, 12:58   #208
MCI

Ha ha ha this is great!

Excellent job guys!
Old 2010-06-23, 13:11   #209
KingLorre

"kom op Opschieten" ?
Old 2010-06-23, 17:20   #210
NyteMyre