project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2017-10-01, 01:12   #221
DogACTUAL

Default Re: Ask the PR:F Team a Question

Ok, sry for asking so many questions but i am really hyped about the ship.

Just one final question, what roles are the exocet and torpedo launchers on the ship going to play?
I can understand if you can't answer that in case it is still undecided or classified.
Old 2017-10-01, 07:31   #222
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Old 2017-10-01, 07:46   #223
agus92
Supporting Member

ARA General Belgrano confirmed.
Old 2017-10-01, 13:51   #224
FlyingR

Quote:
Originally Posted by agus92 View Post
ARA General Belgrano confirmed.
Margaret Thatcher character giving the order to sink the Gral. Belgrano DLC confirmed.
Old 2017-10-01, 16:36   #225
DogACTUAL

Nuclear sub confirmed.
Old 2017-10-02, 19:27   #226
DogACTUAL

I heard that you used to be able to drop LGBs high above out of view distance of the lase, but when they came in view distance of the target and the lase was in their forward FOV, they would start tracking it and hit the target.

Could the same be done for the exocet missile, so it could be fired in the general direction BVR and when in range it would start actively tracking the target?
Old 2017-10-02, 19:34   #227
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Ye that is something we are actually looking into but it does have its issues.

Old 2017-10-03, 04:58   #228
blayas

It will be interesting to see type 99 serve as CGI in joint operations with cas, and ewr for self defense, will it be possible to use preventive chafs in the distrust of vectors of the exocet nearby? or just so remedy?

And has there been any test with AAA multi-purpose fuse ammunition for the vk mk8 cannon? still think that by the low performance of the seacat the frigate must have all its AAA power.
A secondary layer of ammunition with only HEMP can be used, with a much higher muzzle velocity simulating AA ammunition.
Old 2017-10-03, 17:21   #229
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Hopefully, yes, not done any real testing yet but going to be looking into it, and finally, I take it you mean the HE ER round? If so, that didn't come into service until 2004 so won't be in PR:F.

Old 2017-10-03, 18:23   #230
blayas

Nice
I was referring to The same He multipurpose , about the muzzle velocity this would be to compensate for the lack of a fire control, the extended range is out of the period, but a secondary layer of munition with greater muzzle velocity would end up resembling with the Er, thinking better really may not be the best approach, having two ammunitions that use the same charge propellant at very different speeds does not sound interesting.
Perhaps the selection of the ammunition in a second layer could be used just to simulate the electronic selection for the fuse mode that was performed when the cannon changed between surface-surface and surface-air targets

Well ... in the research I discovered a RE ammunition that is a cannon-fired chaff dispenser, this sounds very interesting considering the possibilities, I just do not know its date of implementation as well as implementation in falks, any information about it? Same for the illumination round.
Last edited by blayas; 2017-10-03 at 18:30..

Tags
ask rhino a question, falklands, poxo is ghey, prf, prfalklands, question, team