project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

View Poll Results: What is your opinion on the minimap?
Bring the minimap back 123 28.21%
Do not bring the minimap back 277 63.53%
I don't care 36 8.26%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-11, 18:51   #231
harryorlsen

Default Re: v0.7 Feedback - Minimap Removal

hi folks,

its away, okay, but then we shouldnt see our team activities on the map (pressing: M).

only spot activities are for view and CM + SL marks.

or noooo, this is modern combat, greetings to satellites

gruss

harryo
Old 2008-07-20, 16:34   #232
Ablack77
Supporting Member

Not sure if I already posted in this thread but........

HOORAY, IT'S GONE

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Old 2008-07-27, 16:53   #233
Nugiman
Supporting Member

Removing the mini-map was one of the best decisions in pr.
All players are much more careful when seeing soldiers on the field. They first check with binoculars and shoot then. I think thats really realistic!
Dont bring the minimap back

Veni, Vidi, Pwnz0rz. - I came, I saw, I pwnd
Old 2008-07-30, 22:38   #234
DDS
Supporting Member

I'm going to be honest here.

When the mini-map and spotting (vanilla training-wheels) were taken out I whined, cried and stomped my feet. I was pissed.

But I kept playing after I realized that the other side was in the same position i was in. It forced me to use all of my senses available to me. I've become a much better player as well.

This is a reality based game and frankly I hope they do some other things that make it much more realistic. I really like being engaged using squad cohesion and tactics all the while having a blast!

If anyone should be complaining it should be about the "individuals" that come into the game with NO MICROPHONE and others with NO CLUE how to teamplay or lead a squad. Do you REALLY think you can teamply by typing on the screen? We all are willing to teach for the most part but there are still too many that want to lone-wolf while in a squad. Microphones are on sale at Walmart, get one.

I keep a list written down of people I refuse to squad with. It's that bad. But yeah I like leaving the game as it is.

Tactical Gamer was an Excellent Server. Yeah that's right, I said that, go a head and BAN ME from your server now!
Old 2008-07-31, 08:00   #235
=WFL= Sgt Bilko

What minimap?
Old 2008-08-01, 23:00   #236
White Rock

Default Re: minimap vs. transparent huge map

Yep, transperent map is if nothing else a good replacement for the minimap. I hope they dont remove it (proably hardcoded)
Old 2008-08-02, 19:19   #237
Sabre_tooth_tigger

Quote:
re-spawn after die is not REALISTIC at all!

You are not respawning as the same soldier.
Hence why the team loses a ticket, it takes time for the new troop to draft in, they do not arrive on the front line unless it is secured and eventually the team loses all its tickets and any ability to fight further

The transparent map is more usefull in a vehicle then on the ground, it keeps getting in the way
Old 2008-08-02, 19:31   #238
LithiumFox

i want to see people being forced to print OFF their maps, then forced to press M to let them take it out of their pocket after one second... if they forget to press M or grab it too soon, then they get shocked by the 'paper'
Old 2008-08-02, 19:50   #239
Sabre_tooth_tigger

In theory everyone should be forced to wear a compressed air jacket that when you get shot punches you in the stomach. Loss of a vehicle should cause the keyboard and mouse to heat upto 60c and give you a small scalding

Anyone who died 20 times in a battle would look like they went 3 rounds with rocky and would be unable to play for a fortnight, the ultimate quality control
Old 2008-08-02, 22:35   #240
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDS View Post
I'm going to be honest here.

When the mini-map and spotting (vanilla training-wheels) were taken out I whined, cried and stomped my feet. I was pissed.

But I kept playing after I realized that the other side was in the same position i was in. It forced me to use all of my senses available to me. I've become a much better player as well.

This is a reality based game and frankly I hope they do some other things that make it much more realistic. I really like being engaged using squad cohesion and tactics all the while having a blast!
Takes a decent guy to admit that - would be interesting to see how many others who bemoaned the minimap's loss have got the same to say

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post

Tags
feedback, minimap, removal, v07