project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2009
25 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-30, 15:48   #241
hotfranc
Default Re: [Map] Eyl Somalia (A pirate influenced map)

Nice can't wait to see it on game
Old 2010-04-04, 18:59   #242
mangeface
Supporting Member

Great job CodeRedFox. I think you're probably designing the most epic map for PR. So what's the chances of getting some man sized boats for the map?

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_C8c6PV2Sjuw/R5...9RcWw/SWCC.jpg

I know, that's a lot of guns. Could probably cut it down to 2 guns and a driver. An M2 out the front and an M249 out the back. You could have 2 of them on the map, and both be controlled by a squad to do some boat on boat warfare or be an area denial assest to prevent OPFOR from leaving or entering the area being attacked.
Old 2010-04-04, 19:56   #243
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkside12 View Post
Great job CodeRedFox. I think you're probably designing the most epic map for PR. So what's the chances of getting some man sized boats for the map?

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_C8c6PV2Sjuw/R5...9RcWw/SWCC.jpg

I know, that's a lot of guns. Could probably cut it down to 2 guns and a driver. An M2 out the front and an M249 out the back. You could have 2 of them on the map, and both be controlled by a squad to do some boat on boat warfare or be an area denial assest to prevent OPFOR from leaving or entering the area being attacked.
Yeah, that looks very nice, but i think it does not vary from the boat in vBF2 too much. Seems to me that the only difference is in that rear MG . What I am expecting on this map is the boat for pirates. Maybe something like this?
Old 2010-04-04, 21:48   #244
mangeface
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky.BOY View Post
Yeah, that looks very nice, but i think it does not vary from the boat in vBF2 too much. Seems to me that the only difference is in that rear MG.
Well, the difference is that it has a .50 MG in the front. The one in the pic has an M134, but that's too much ownage. I figure it could drop all troop carrying capabilities, so that whoever is using it can focus on just it's purpose instead of having to ferry troops bitching on the shore.

Most are normally armed with: 1 twin .50 in the front, 2 M240's off the sides, and 1 .50 off of the back. Some carry Mk19s also. But that's pretty ridiculous for what the BLUFOR will be fighting, as I think it's going to be pretty lopsided. Then again, I could be wrong.
Old 2010-04-05, 10:09   #245
Maxfragg

these boats are only used by US-SF and since PR is not about SF .... (oh and its in the ASS thread)
Old 2010-04-05, 10:20   #246
Wakain

two miniguns on a light assault boat would be too much I guess
Old 2010-04-05, 10:49   #247
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakain View Post
two miniguns on a light assault boat would be too much I guess
in an emergency you could put them on the back for extra propulsion!

Old 2010-04-05, 11:27   #248
Wakain

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Rudd View Post
in an emergency you could put them on the back for extra propulsion!
haha lol, but of course that would give the blufor an unfair advantage
Old 2010-04-08, 07:21   #249
LarryEF

this look's great, good job!
Old 2010-04-08, 21:54   #250
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Another follow up to some questions.

Boats: The closer I get to finishing this map we (PR) should be getting some new boats. Not allot, just a few older speed boats and large fishing boats (might be controllable) which should be interchangeable on maps. But thats still a task the needs to be done. For the Blufor the current black boats will be the weapon of choice.

BLUFOR and OPFOR factions:
Nether have been chosen and wont until I get closer to the final. I would love a Somalian insurgency but I'm relying on other to do something like this because it might not be worth a new factions if its not on any other maps. Factions in PR get tossed back and forth all the time and will be decided way later.

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
Last edited by CodeRedFox; 2010-04-08 at 22:16..
Closed Thread

Tags
eyl, influenced, map, pirate, pirates, somalia