project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Modelling & Animations
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Modelling & Animations Everything but Static Objects

Old 2015-05-07, 07:52   #241
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Weapon] Flak 18 (8.8 cm) [WIP](WW2)

As Andy said, unlink and rotate, relink. You shouldn't need to reset xform in most cases, some you might, although resetting pivot rotation might help, but again if you do that, do it when its unlinked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalsushi83 View Post
Sorry for the off-topic post but what's that FN-FAL model with the Russia scope that Rhino posted 2-3 pages back? Any chance you can give that to the Syrian rebel spotter since currently the two options are unscoped FAL and scoped SVD, and no one in their right mind would take the former over the latter? Just an idea
Its a British scope, the Russians copied
Sight Unit Infantry Trilux (SUIT) - Project Reality Forums

As for giving it to the FSA, I've yet to see this scope used on anything other than commonwealth L1A1s, but scopes on FN FALs in Syria is pretty common so this could represent that.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 16:56   #242
Ratface
Retired PR Developer

Excellent, I'll give it a go when I get home, cheers boys!

Ratface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 17:12   #243
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalsushi83 View Post
Sorry for the off-topic post but what's that FN-FAL model with the Russia scope that Rhino posted 2-3 pages back? Any chance you can give that to the Syrian rebel spotter since currently the two options are unscoped FAL and scoped SVD, and no one in their right mind would take the former over the latter? Just an idea
Syrian Rebel Spotter has unscoped FN Fal or AK74 Scoped. No SVD... Scoped kit is not always ideal. I often take unscoped kits over scopes on multiple maps. Spotter is also often chosen for the extra rope or GTLD.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 22:07   #244
fatalsushi83

So that rifle will be available for the British marksman when Falklands comes out, right? Looks really nice.

My mistake about the SVD. I prefer irons on a lot of maps and iron sight factions in general but I thought giving the Syrians a bit more variety in terms of inf weapons for limited kits would make them a more appealing/unique faction. Keeping mostly iron sight AKs on the kit selection menu I totally agree with though. Anyway, thanks for the answer.
fatalsushi83 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 06:33   #245
Ratface
Retired PR Developer

Many thanks Amok and Rhino, worked like a charm, just gotta do that for each individual lod/geom/etc!

Had to end up unlinking, xforming, rotating, collapsing xform, re-adjusting, relinking, etc. for each LOD, ended up working out perfectly, I appreciate your help!

Last edited by [R-DEV]Ratface; 2015-05-08 at 08:10..

Tags
flak, weapon, wip, wipww2