01 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Highlights Highlights of what work the Devs are currently working on

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-25, 21:21   #261
BloodyDeed
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Next devcast is about 10% done, we currently have no manpower to do it sadly.
I wouldn't go as far to say we have shitty marketing. We just do this in our free time and as you paid nothing for it I don't see how we owe you anything.
Every part of the mod has it's people behind it. And if the people who made the previous devcast have a busy reallife it easily affects their completion. There are not always other devs who can step up and have the time and knownledge needed to replace them.

We released many highlights and blogs lately. Please keep in mind that it requires lots of time to do them that we could have spent fixing 1.0 bugs otherwise.

Last edited by [R-DEV]BloodyDeed; 2013-05-25 at 21:28..
Old 2013-05-25, 21:23   #262
Rabbit
Default Re: PRBF2 v1.0.0.0 to v1.0.8.0 Encoded Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmikaze View Post
Why having fu***** secrets about the release of the next devcast? What would be the problem if you'd just tell if you finished it by 40%, 50% or whatsoever? You guys are getting as worse as EA and other companies with their shitty, outdated community "marketing-strategy". And the fact that you're not even a company makes it even worse.
Because things always get pushed back, and when that date passes, the community tends to gripe, that's a big old reason.

Also surprises are nice.
Old 2013-05-25, 22:47   #263
carmikaze
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]BloodyDeed View Post
I wouldn't go as far to say we have shitty marketing. We just do this in our free time and as you paid nothing for it I don't see how we owe you anything.
Every part of the mod has it's people behind it. And if the people who made the previous devcast have a busy reallife it easily affects their completion. There are not always other devs who can step up and have the time and knownledge needed to replace them.

We released many highlights and blogs lately. Please keep in mind that it requires lots of time to do them that we could have spent fixing 1.0 bugs otherwise.
I don't moan about things not getting finished quick enough, i can totally understand you in that point. I'm just complaining about why you don't give little more status updates on your work sometimes.

My last post was too harsh, sorry for that. It's just..i love PR and can't get enough infos about it and your work

Thanks for the info btw!
Last edited by carmikaze; 2013-05-26 at 17:42..
Old 2013-05-26, 15:41   #264
MADsqirrel
Supporting Member

I still dont get why people are always so... demanding, on free stuff.
I mean things like mods, webcomics, youtube stuff (Parodies!) are all done in the free time of someone, still people moan if someone is late with a update or someone thinks the modders should do this instead of that because he knows better what would be good (without doing anything himself).

The "gimme this nao!!!" attitude really sucks.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic56970_7.gif
Old 2013-05-26, 16:00   #265
carmikaze
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADsqirrel View Post
I mean things like mods, webcomics, youtube stuff (Parodies!) are all done in the free time of someone, still people moan if someone is late with a update or someone thinks the modders should do this instead of that because he knows better what would be good (without doing anything himself).

As i'm sure you mean me, go read my post above yours again. I don't moan about the Devs not releasing Devcasts etc. quick enough.
Last edited by carmikaze; 2013-05-26 at 17:40..
Old 2013-05-26, 20:01   #266
Unhealed

Quote:

I agree with everything but
Quote:
webcomics, youtube stuff
People can make good money on that stuff, crazy money sometimes.
But that's kinda off-topic.
Personally I don't need Devcasts, a bunch of screenshots(even without text) will do just fine for me and it will save time for Devs.
Old 2013-05-26, 21:05   #267
reptilianhuman

Quote:

Unfortunately, with great content and a nicely sized fan base comes this attitude. People like instant gratification. I can see where they're coming from. I too wish to know all the secrets that the dev team knows but I can wait with what little patience I retain. It is during their free time after all even though we all know the devs are robots.
Old 2013-05-26, 21:22   #268
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]BloodyDeed View Post
You know, if it's only filming and editing that's the problem there's plenty of competent people willing to help I am sure.

Old 2013-05-26, 23:03   #269
Wicca
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
You know, if it's only filming and editing that's the problem there's plenty of competent people willing to help I am sure.

no alex..

also wuhu 1337 posts. Take a pic now.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Old 2013-05-27, 00:26   #270
SShadowFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
When I posted that, it was true... Yet time has captured us once again, holding us hostage .
The "time", is also called Forgotten Hope 2, I still remember the hours you spent a few days ago on the 762 server.
Closed Thread

Tags
changelog, encoded, prbf2