project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2009
25 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-12, 23:12   #271
Panzerfire
Default Re: [Map] Eyl Somalia (A pirate influenced map)

Allright!

'Cuz if we had to do all the jumping then the player would quickly feel as if they were suffering from mass obesity.
Old 2010-04-13, 14:53   #272
LITOralis.nMd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I just found the old webpages where amateurs put together all the known info on terrorist threats, and the page for Eyl...

panoramic photos of Eyl beach
Panoramio - Photo of Eyl Somali Pirate Beach

video walking tour of Eyl town
Town Of Eyl Somalia Walking Around the Town 1 - CNN iReport

There is a real time piracy tracking service ... if you need inspiration .. read how the pirates are attempting the shipjackings:
Live Piracy Report

And then the icc-ccs.org has this official maritime warning for the Gulf of Aden:

Gulf of Aden:
Somali pirates are attacking vessels in the northern Somali coast in the Gulf of Aden. These pirates are firing automatic weapons and Rocket Propelled Grenades (RPG) in an attempt to board and hijack vessels. Once the attack is successful and the vessel hijacked, the pirates sail the vessel to the Somali coast and thereafter demand a ransom for the safe release of the vessel and crew. All vessels transiting the area are advised to take additional precautionary measures and maintain strict 24 hours visual and radar anti piracy watch using all available means. Watch keeping crews should look out for small suspicious boats converging to own vessel. Early sightings/detection and accurate assessment will allow Master to increase speed and take evasive manoeuvres to escape from pirates and at the same time request for assistance from various Authorities/Agencies including the IMB PRC.

Since 1 February 2009, MSCHOA (MSC(HOA) - Welcome) has established the Internationally Recommended Transit Corridor (IRTC). Military assets (Naval and Air) will be strategically deployed within the area to best provide protection and support to merchant ships.

Masters using the IRTC are not relieved of their obligation and should continue to maintain a strict 24 hour lookout using all available means to get an early warning of an approaching threat. Some vessels have been attacked/hijacked in the corridor.

Ships/Owners are advised to register their details on the MSCHOA website MSC(HOA) - Welcome and obtain further information regarding the close support protection details for ships transiting the Gulf of Aden. Ships are encouraged to conduct their passage through the Internationally Recognised Transit Corridor (IRTC) in groups based on their transit speed.

-----------
Blackwater (now known as Xe) bought and retrofitted a ship to be a pirate hunting vessel... however no country or corporation was willing to fund anti-piracy privateers, so Blackwater is selling the boat, ... here is the official listing on yachtworld .. with lots of photos to give you some inspiration on the interior of your ships....

1966 Norfolk Shipbuilding Expeditionary Yacht Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

For fun, pirate hunting cruiseships :
The Ultimate Adventure Cruise
Old 2010-04-13, 15:31   #273
Smegburt_funkledink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amok@ndy View Post
reminds me on the cargo ship of CoD4
It made me think of this...

[R-Div]Robbi "There's nothing more skanky than eating out of a tub of hummus with a screwdriver."
[R-DEV]Matrox "CHINAAAAAAA!!!"
Old 2010-04-13, 15:41   #274
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Smeg View Post
It made me think of this...

damn that goes back a long way. That game was soo awesome

Old 2010-04-13, 15:58   #275
162eRI

Reminds me Nemo Ship from CQB mod:

Old 2010-04-13, 16:16   #276
Snazz
Supporting Member

I like how it's got a mound of coal towards the end of the video, instead of just an empty room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
That game was soo awesome
Goldeneye Source is still being developed, although people only play it immediately after each release.
Last edited by Snazz; 2010-04-13 at 16:26..
Old 2010-04-13, 18:30   #277
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazz View Post
Goldeneye Source is still being developed, although people only play it immediately after each release.
ye I've played that mod but didn't think it was that good, didn't have the same awesome feel that golden eye did back then but golden eye was ahead of its time and it would feel like shit if played today

Old 2010-04-13, 20:45   #278
sylent/shooter

I still have the original Goldeneye for N64
Old 2010-04-13, 20:48   #279
Elektro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent/shooter View Post
I still have the original Goldeneye for N64
I still have an original N64
Old 2010-04-13, 21:07   #280
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

enough hijacking this thread please. Yes bond was years of enjoyment.

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
Closed Thread

Tags
eyl, influenced, map, pirate, pirates, somalia