project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion > PR:WWII Suggestions
04 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:WWII Suggestions Suggestions from our community members.

Old 2011-12-06, 15:25   #21
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Snipers

That's interesting indeed.

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 17:02   #22
Kevokpo

if this can be done, it would be good to have 3 or 4 sniper kits, but only if it can be requested when the squad is complete (6 player). If you can request it when there are 4 in your squad, as Pvt.LHeureux said, I think that 2 sniper kits are enough.
Kevokpo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 17:47   #23
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevokpo View Post
If you can request it when there are 4 in your squad, as Pvt.LHeureux said, I think that 2 sniper kits are enough.
This will cause players to either request sniper kit and leave or be kicked. But with the 6 man it could work.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux View Post
Sweeden, yeah but people in PR already join squad to request sniper kits then leave it
Yeah, ok. The problem will be same then.

Last edited by sweedensniiperr; 2011-12-06 at 20:15..
Old 2011-12-06, 17:59   #24
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Sweeden, yeah but people in PR already join squad to request sniper kits then leave it
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 18:54   #25
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

We'll try snipers in the next serverside patch.

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 19:28   #26
KaizerSosa81

I can't wait until everyone clamoring for snipers here now will be cussing them out later...
KaizerSosa81 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 20:14   #27
KarlHungus

The US sniper rifle at the time, the M1903a4 only had a 2.5x optics (M71B3) so why not include it as the DMR kit? The German DMR kit could then include a k98 with a 1.5x optics (Zf-41) and the German sniper kit the k98 with 4x optics (Zf-39).

These are all bolt action rifles. The sniper rifle from the Korea mod should be the M1C or M1D which were just being approved at the time of the Normandy invasion and would not see combat until the next year (1945).

I realize that historical accuracy is not currently a priority for Project Normandy but I do assume that if PN continues development it will be at some point.

I also realize that the above suggestion leaves out the US sniper kit. Perhaps it becomes a Forward Observer kit for the 14" and 5" guns of the USS Texas BB-35 or the 12" and 5" guns of the USS Arkansas BB-33 who both provided fire support to Omaha and Pointe Du Hoc during the Normandy landings.

Also the M1903 model could be used for the US grenadier kit.
Last edited by KarlHungus; 2011-12-06 at 20:32.. Reason: dyslexia
Old 2011-12-06, 22:51   #28
Silly_Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlHungus View Post
I also realize that the above suggestion leaves out the US sniper kit. Perhaps it becomes a Forward Observer kit for the 14" and 5" guns of the USS Texas BB-35 or the 12" and 5" guns of the USS Arkansas BB-33 who both provided fire support to Omaha and Pointe Du Hoc during the Normandy landings.
Now this is interesting. I can see the potential.

I'm thinking area attack approved by the CO.
Silly_Savage is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
snipers